When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Black SS Themes or White Rubberclad?

Guest Sql_pl

34 members have voted

1. 1. Which Offshore do you prefer?

• All SS Black Themes with SS bezel
    • White dial Rubberclad

Guest Sql_pl

Soo after unloading my MBW/MBK Black Themes I feel the itch to give these new ones a try.... and have to tell you have a real hard time deciding which one to get. WOuld be easier to get both of these but will only go for one right now.

So which one would you choose to be the first one?

- All SS Black Themes

or

- White dial Rubberclad

I never really liked rubberclads and felt like black themes with SS bezel was by far my favourite offshore. But now that I've seen great pics of italiano's rubberclad I just can't stop thinking about it. I have also seen some of these on my recent trip to Barcelona, actually all 3 offshores that I managed to spot on other guy's wrists were rubberclads.

Don't you guys have a feeling that rubberclad with that rubber bezel looks kind of cheap? I always had that feeling.

On the other side if I were to choose black themes now I am afraid it might be boring - I just sold one almost identical to the one I would be to get now. I cannot even make it different by rubber strap as they do not want to sell it separately so once again I would end up with an all SS themes on bracelet.

Please just let me know which one you prefer and why.

BTW here are some pics of GENs of these to compare:

rd_ofsho_ch_blac_brac.jpg

AP_OSRO_rubss_whi.jpg

Thanks!

Guest carlsbadrolex

I own the black dial SS... and will be ordering the rubberclad this week. I think the rubber is a sportier look, which is what I most often go for.

I think the rubberclad is more of a study in contrasts, where the SS has a pretty uniform, and, dare I say it, monotonous look... At the end of the day, it's just a matter of personal taste. For warmer weather, rubber and SS are prefereable over leather straps, and, personally, I'd say that SS straps look smarter than rubber straps, which do give a more sporty feel. Go with whatever seems most right for you, and you can't go wrong :good:

Guest carlsbadrolex

Another thing to consider when looking at these two models... YOUR WRIST DIAMETER. If you have under a 7.5in wrist I would not suggest the Steel bracelet version. It seems many people who bought these are already selling them because the are too large. The rubber strap is a much better choice for smaller wrists.

Mmmmhh....you know we have a similar taste so I decided for the white dial rubberclad (allthough I did order a black one :D ).

Just imagine this rubberthingy with sloppy jeans and T-shirt....a LOOKER!

The rubberclad is one of the easiest sportswatches there are (beside the SUB).

Please note....the rubberclad will wear much smaller on the wrist than a SS bezel model....just an illusion from the black bezel!

Have fun wearing it...cheers mate

Theo

I like the white dial over the black dial, whether on rubber or steel...

i'd go for the rubberclad, but would love the option of having a bracelet and bezel to swap out as needed. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Guest Sql_pl

Thanks for all yourvotes guys.

Today I made the decision and orderd....... all SS black Themes on rubber :)

Seems like something right in the middle of these two options :)

It's a shame I just was just told they are out of stock and new batch will be available in a week.... well maybe there will be some improvements then? :)

Dzień dobry Sql-pl and other guys,

My advice is to go for white SS , personally I'm getting tired with rubber , it's now rubber everytime...

I've got this version I love it , just consider to send/give it to Kuba for AR coating.

Besides if you want to go for morre sporty watch let's wait until ultimate version of Rubens Barichello will be in market , but I'm just gessing now... , keep my fingers crossed.

Cheers

C/