When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I'm a newbie (and caught in the glare of watches)

Hi, I don't really know how to start. I feel like an alcoholic at an AA meeting I just have to admit I'm hooked on watches and need help. I don't know why and I don't know how to stop. I should go cold turkey and rely on public indications of time but I suppose it's not really the time that matters. If I only wanted the time I could by a cheap quartz watch and know I'll only be out + or - 15 secs a month.

So, it must be something about the form as well as the function. There is also the cachet of the name, Rolex, Panerai, et al.

If I were a millionaire I'd buy them all. As it is I shall just have to be satisfied with a very good replica.

Anyway, I'm English, live in the south of England, just retired and caught in the trap of recent stagflation. I like sailing, flying, walking and going to pubs. I'm not looking for a new "friend" however, as I have been happily married for 40 years. The down side is I've been married for 43 years. Sorry, that was a weak attempt at humour.

Cheers

"Extra"

Welcome to the forum! It seems you've found the right place. We're all admited adicts here so I say just enjoy it. First rule of thumb is to read as much as you can before pulling the trigger on a rep. It'll save you tons of stress later.

A very warm welcome to RWG :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Talking of warm I suggest you go and have yourself a nice hot meal now, probably the last time you will have the money to buy one :D

It's a fun hobby but it's all consuming.

Ken

A very warm welcome to RWG :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Talking of warm I suggest you go and have yourself a nice hot meal now, probably the last time you will have the money to buy one :D

It's a fun hobby but it's all consuming.

Ken

Thanks for the kindly welcome from Scoobs, Ken and Ztech, AND for the advice, which has probably come too late concerning fully checking out the rep sites. I've got an advance order in for a watchmaker9 yachtmaster and now I'm having second thoughts.

I've been bombarded with offers of much cheaper watches, and indeed, I've bought one before and been very disappointed. The watchmaker9 site, if it is a scam site, has successfully sucked some cash out of me but I'm committed for this purchase so if I've made a mistake it's just too bad.

When, or if, it arrives I'll give my view of it. If that's any help to others. In the meantime, no pun intended, any suggestions about more realistic, reliable sites that offer near perfect reps would be appreciated.

Cheers

Xtra

Hi, I don't really know how to start. I feel like an alcoholic at an AA meeting I just have to admit I'm hooked on watches and need help. I don't know why and I don't know how to stop. I should go cold turkey and rely on public indications of time but I suppose it's not really the time that matters. If I only wanted the time I could by a cheap quartz watch and know I'll only be out + or - 15 secs a month.

So, it must be something about the form as well as the function. There is also the cachet of the name, Rolex, Panerai, et al.

If I were a millionaire I'd buy them all. As it is I shall just have to be satisfied with a very good replica.

Anyway, I'm English, live in the south of England, just retired and caught in the trap of recent stagflation. I like sailing, flying, walking and going to pubs. I'm not looking for a new "friend" however, as I have been happily married for 40 years. The down side is I've been married for 43 years. Sorry, that was a weak attempt at humour.

Cheers

"Extra"

Welcome You're in the right place

ST4

Thanks for the kindly welcome from Scoobs, Ken and Ztech, AND for the advice, which has probably come too late concerning fully checking out the rep sites. I've got an advance order in for a watchmaker9 yachtmaster and now I'm having second thoughts.

I've been bombarded with offers of much cheaper watches, and indeed, I've bought one before and been very disappointed. The watchmaker9 site, if it is a scam site, has successfully sucked some cash out of me but I'm committed for this purchase so if I've made a mistake it's just too bad.

When, or if, it arrives I'll give my view of it. If that's any help to others. In the meantime, no pun intended, any suggestions about more realistic, reliable sites that offer near perfect reps would be appreciated.

Cheers

Xtra

WM9 has a very good reputation here and it is debated that they produce the finest Sub replica available. I think that you will be pleased with your purchase.

Welcome mate, prepare to have your walet and bank account emptyed!

So many replies! I feel very welcome and amongst friends.

Unfortunately it also seems that my financial liquidity is destined to be drained. Oh well, what will be will be!

Xtra