When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

ROO with AP Bands conversion and Gen Rubber

Guest carlsbadrolex

Guest carlsbadrolex

It absolutely does fit loose. In fact, I swapped the bracelet back on to see if the end links on the bracelet fit that way. The bracelet end links are tight.

I went to the AP Bands website and if you look closely at the pictures they provide, they fit the same way.

Looking at the end links on the Oracle site, they seem to fit much better (and are nearly 1/2 the price). Maybe I will order a set from them also! The gen strap is extremely comfortable.

It is really difficult to explain the difference in "feel" between a rep and gen rubber strap... but the difference is huge. I guess they figure if you are spending nearly $20k on a watch with a rubber strap, they better make it a damn nice rubber strap!

T

Awesome CB! I ordered one of the Oracle straps also even though I have both rubberclads coming...just so that I can have the end links for future use. :victory:

Guest carlsbadrolex

The retail price at the AD was $189. I was able to get it for $129. They had others including the deployant rubber. I will be back down there this Saturday to pick up a deployant for my buddy Dani!

The retail price at the AD was $189. I was able to get it for $129. They had others including the deployant rubber. I will be back down there this Saturday to pick up a deployant for my buddy Dani!

Mate could you please buy a gen rubber strap for me if you going to the AD. Will Paypal you the money + shipping right away. Only if its not a bother. Thanks

Cheers

Guest carlsbadrolex

I dont know if all AD's will provide parts for these watches. I know that I have been asked via PM 4 times in the last day for my AD's contact information. And although I am a rather giving person, I dont care to share that information. Simply because I have bought a few gens from this AD and I dont care for someone to slip and inform the AD that they received the info from someone on a rep forum. Call me paranoid, but its about the same reason why I wont accept Paypal... Its just not worth the risk.

With that said, I also dont feel comfortable buying several identical watch straps from them. I was pleasantly asked if this was for my personal watch and I stated that it was. I have been able to order a gen rubber bezel, and when I stated I would do the swap myself the AD almost died. "WHO takes apart a $20k watch at their kitchen table?" was the question she asked. I calmly stated that I do on a regular basis...

In any event, I would think that if you are calm and act properly most AD will sell you the strap (if they have it). But I doubt that they would go to the effort of ordering one in for you.

And as ALWAYS when dealing with an AD... the perception that you OWN a $20k watch is all that is necessary. DO NOT wear your rep in there. AND do not go in looking or acting like you couldn't afford or wear a $20k rep. They need to believe that they are selling to an end user, and not to someone who is throwing the parts on a rep or on Ebay!

:D Great bro..

Reason i asked my good bro here is that the AD in Norway is just opend so they cant provide parts yet..

I dont know if all AD's will provide parts for these watches. I know that I have been asked via PM 4 times in the last day for my AD's contact information. And although I am a rather giving person, I dont care to share that information. Simply because I have bought a few gens from this AD and I dont care for someone to slip and inform the AD that they received the info from someone on a rep forum. Call me paranoid, but its about the same reason why I wont accept Paypal... Its just not worth the risk.

With that said, I also dont feel comfortable buying several identical watch straps from them. I was pleasantly asked if this was for my personal watch and I stated that it was. I have been able to order a gen rubber bezel, and when I stated I would do the swap myself the AD almost died. "WHO takes apart a $20k watch at their kitchen table?" was the question she asked. I calmly stated that I do on a regular basis...

In any event, I would think that if you are calm and act properly most AD will sell you the strap (if they have it). But I doubt that they would go to the effort of ordering one in for you.

And as ALWAYS when dealing with an AD... the perception that you OWN a $20k watch is all that is necessary. DO NOT wear your rep in there. AND do not go in looking or acting like you couldn't afford or wear a $20k rep. They need to believe that they are selling to an end user, and not to someone who is throwing the parts on a rep or on Ebay!

Well said bro, and i understand you 110%..

Cheers