When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Glue for dials + sources for date overlays

I'm about to do a couple of quick projects..... Quick is a relative term of course

1. What is a safe glue for securing the dial to the movement?

2. I've got a YM that has a misalinged date - I'm hoping I can just adjust the current date wheel. In the event that I screw it up - where are you guys getting replacement overlays? Will any of the ones on eBay work?

thanks guys

I use dial dots from Jules Borel for securing the dial to the movement. You can get them by searching for Dial Dots at Jules Borel

I've used these dial dots a number of times and have went back to remove the dial at some later time. They really do hold the dial down well, but at the same time you can still remove it. IMO, they work very well.

I bought one of these overlays from Luenfat in Hong Kong. My watch project got sidetracked by some other issues, so I haven't tried it out yet. It is a nice thin metallic date wheel, should glue up OK.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...A%3AIT&rd=1

I bought one of these too and tried to fit it to my 1680. Unfortunatley all the numbers do not line up perfectly. Some do, some don't. Not up to my standards so project ditched. :(