When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Asian Valjoux/Swiss Valjoux

Hi - Please tell me. I am under the impression that the A :blink: sian Valjoux movements are unreliable and have an array of irritating problems. Correct me if I am wrong. You guys with both-If you could tell me your experience it would be apreciated. :blink:

TX:

this is a quote from The Zigmeister regarding the asian 7750:

Update

"This article was written before the latest version of the Asian 7750 was produced. The newest version of the Asian 7750, is as good as the ETA one, and has corrected all of the defects with the older version.."

I know there is a review somewhere, but it didn't jump out at me...so you get anotated version. As I understand it, the big problem with the new one comes with "seconds @ 6" like in a Daytona. This requires 11 more gears which put too much stress on the movement.

hope this helps.

jeff

Could you elaborate on the statement as long as you realize the Swiss 7750's aren't really Swiss ?

Well, the movements you buy labelled Swiss have never actually been to Switzerland. They are made in China, just like our Asian movements, but they're made for ETA, a Swiss company.

If your image of Asian movements is a kowloon sweatshop and your image of Swiss is an artisanale old gent in a cottage in the alps, with chocolate and cuckoo clocks and yodelling in the distance, then I'm sorry to shatter your illusion.

ETAs are made in China, in some cases possibly alongside our Asian movements.

If your image of Asian movements is a kowloon sweatshop and your image of Swiss is an artisanale old gent in a cottage in the alps, with chocolate and cuckoo clocks and yodelling in the distance, then I'm sorry to shatter your illusion.

B)B)B)

Pug you are a rep PIMP! Thanks for the informative reply!

Don't buy the Asian 7750 too many problems well this is my opinion.

Which flies in the face of the observations of many of our members and the detailed analysis of several of our watch movement experts.

In other words your opinion is misguided. The advice to be wary of older Asian 7750s and ones modified to reposition the subdials is good, otherwise there is nothing wrong with them.

In other words your opinion is misguided. The advice to be wary of older Asian 7750s and ones modified to reposition the subdials is good, otherwise there is nothing wrong with them.

Unless they feel 'dry', of course, then they need a service. If I honestly thought Asian 7750s were rubbish, I'd not be sending my IWC to get serviced.

I rate the Asian 7750, and if you get one and it feels perfect, it'll probably last. If it feels slightly rough, a service will make it on par with a fresh ETA, according to The Zigmeister.

• 2 weeks later...
Well, the movements you buy labelled Swiss have never actually been to Switzerland. They are made in China, just like our Asian movements, but they're made for ETA, a Swiss company.

Pug,

You are a bottomless source of useful info! Thank you! :yeah:

Alex

• 4 weeks later...

Hahhahahahaha, so funny, I was really laughing out loud, Pugwash, you have a great way of saying what it comes down to!!! :D

• 1 month later...

I talked to a watchmaker in England, who has told me the China-made ETA is the gold versions, and the nickel (silver coloured) movements are made in Switzerland.

With the Asian-made ETA 7750 copy, which watches have the latest iteration ?

Edited by Chronus