When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Greetings

Hello from a new member.

I've been lurking for a week or 2, slowly learning things, even bought my first rep-a Patek complication-not a great version (v poor crown and it has a year window, which the real thing would never have) but it is pretty, was cheap, and is a start. I'd upload a picture if I was clever enough to work out how to.

Things to learn:

What do all these acronyms mean? (e.g. SOSF, MBW, PO, SMP etc.)

How do I stop myself buying more?

What should I consider buying next? (I've got thinnish wrists so the super large watches are not a good choice)

Where are the best places to buy from? (I think I've worked this one out-dealers recommended in this forum!)

Where do I learn to modify/find someone to modify my watch(es)?

I don't expect anyone to answer these, I was just voicing them, partly to help clarify my thoughts, and partly for other members to see the sort of things a "newbie" struggles with.

I'll keep reading (and re-reading) all the pinned topics and relevant forum messages I can.

Regards from the UK.

Mike

Hello from a new member.

I've been lurking for a week or 2, slowly learning things, even bought my first rep-a Patek complication-not a great version (v poor crown and it has a year window, which the real thing would never have) but it is pretty, was cheap, and is a start. I'd upload a picture if I was clever enough to work out how to.

Things to learn:

What do all these acronyms mean? (e.g. SOSF, MBW, PO, SMP etc.)

How do I stop myself buying more?

What should I consider buying next? (I've got thinnish wrists so the super large watches are not a good choice)

Where are the best places to buy from? (I think I've worked this one out-dealers recommended in this forum!)

Where do I learn to modify/find someone to modify my watch(es)?

I don't expect anyone to answer these, I was just voicing them, partly to help clarify my thoughts, and partly for other members to see the sort of things a "newbie" struggles with.

I'll keep reading (and re-reading) all the pinned topics and relevant forum messages I can.

Regards from the UK.

Mike

Welcome :)

Open a photobucket.com account. upload some pics there so you can share. We like pics here.

SOSF (breitling superocean steelfish) MBW- my best watches, PO- (omega) planet Ocean, SMP- omega SeaMaster Pro.

Consider that given the questions your asking. I can tell this is the perfect place for you. So I gave you some answers already, but the rest will come with time. Look into becoming a supporter member and more doors will open for you. Get into the Raffle for new members to possibly win something nice!

Hope to see you around the boards.

Thanks P4GTR. I'm learning!

I'll keep reading/absorbing and try and take time before I make my first proper rep purchase.

Regards,

Mike

Welcome :)

Open a photobucket.com account. upload some pics there so you can share. We like pics here.

SOSF (breitling superocean steelfish) MBW- my best watches, PO- (omega) planet Ocean, SMP- omega SeaMaster Pro.

Consider that given the questions your asking. I can tell this is the perfect place for you. So I gave you some answers already, but the rest will come with time. Look into becoming a supporter member and more doors will open for you. Get into the Raffle for new members to possibly win something nice!

Hope to see you around the boards.