When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Concord Tourbillon

fotoman

As an accomplishment in horological technology and innovation it is no doubt astonishing, but something appears to have been forgotten along the way. In the interest of achieving the impossible and overcoming the constraints of conventional design; proportion and, as a result, overall appearance have suffered.

Take a look at the watch below. No doubt it's much simpler and likely much cheaper, but it embodies the pure vintage spirit which is associated to every tourbillon timepiece. The futuristic technology was there in 1801, but the design was so distinct of a period so ripe with beauty that even today it surpasses any need for change.

612543-747964.jpg

I agree with Corgi...it's cool like the Zenith is cool, but the classic tourby is the best.

it really depends though on when, (if you could afford it) would you wear it

for me, i try to dress down as much as possible, so a tourby like this you could wear with jeans and a tshirt

as opposed to the breguet -

now - if you had the $$ to burn on these in the first place - why not own both :)

fyi, my homer tourby is still the star of my collection

WOW!

AMAZING WATCH!

THINK WE'LL EVER SEE A REP OF THIS?

:g:

Maybe if demands are high enough but it will not be an accurate or working one ;)

Edited by Gran

http://www.c1-tourbillon.ch/blog/

There is no way we will ever see a rep coming close to this watch.

Even without the tourbillon. Llook at the dial. Off center running time, off center chrono with minutes & hours using the same subdial, thrust indicator.. Forgetaboutit. Have a look at the cheap replicas of B&R tourbillon, the Concord will not come even that close. :)

http://www.c1-tourbillon.ch/blog/

There is no way we will ever see a rep coming close to this watch.

Even without the tourbillon. Llook at the dial. Off center running time, off center chrono with minutes & hours using the same subdial, thrust indicator.. Forgetaboutit. Have a look at the cheap replicas of B&R tourbillon, the Concord will not come even that close. :)

A year or so ago, it was impossible to think to have a real tourbillon ins a rep.. Today I have one in my watch box :huh:

But I agree.. this is very very improbable. :p