When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

forzia italia!! bye bye germania!!!

MAHLER

Yeah, thanks to the mexican ref who denied Germany two penalties :angry:

:blink::huh:

Which game were you watching? I can't even think which incidents you were thinking of, and the typically cynical English commentary team I had to put up with while watching the game didn't even hint at a penalty incident.

I saw Ballack dive at least twice, mind. I suppose he was trying to emulate his coach... :D

I am biased because I'm german, and I have to say Italy played a good offensive game.

I saw Pirlo's hand (arm) going to the ball in the penalty zone (16th min.) and I saw Cannavaro holding Podolski going for a header (82nd min.).

If Ballack was diving I think he rather tried to emulate the italian players ;) (by the way Totti jumping his knee in Ballacks back was a deep red card, but not in this game).

But so what ? I think both teams could have won and you made it.

:blink::huh:

Which game were you watching? I can't even think which incidents you were thinking of

At one point the referee gave a free-kick to Germany because Cannavarro was climbing all over someone. The incident actually happened about a yard and a half inside the box.......therefore PENALTY! Having said that....it might have been a bit of an injustice had Germany won as a result of that. Very much like trailing your leg over a defender in the last minute of a game (against the run of play) to dupe the referee into giving you a peno. ;)

JTB

The other "penalty" was a handball in the box by Italian defender......and yes the replay did show it was arm to ball. ;)

At one point the referee gave a free-kick to Germany because Cannavarro was climbing all over someone. The incident actually happened about a yard and a half inside the box.......therefore PENALTY! Having said that....it might have been a bit of an injustice had Germany won as a result of that. Very much like trailing your leg over a defender in the last minute of a game (against the run of play) to dupe the referee into giving you a peno. ;)

JTB

The other "penalty" was a handball in the box by Italian defender......and yes the replay did show it was arm to ball. ;)

Yep, that's what I'm talking about.

I do however agree that Italy played better then us in this game, but when I think how they won over Australia,..... well. :thumbdown:

Yeah, thanks to the mexican ref who denied Germany two penalties :angry:

What are you talking about? There were absolutely ZERO real incidents in the penalty area. The truth is that Germans overdid themselves, they won by penalties against much more talented Argentina team and fought well against the Italy. Nothing to be ashamed about in their performance, imho.

JTB

And you are just bitter because....... :lol:

The truth is that Germans overdid themselves, they won by penalties against much more talented Argentina team and fought well against the Italy.

Yeah right !! And how did Italy win over Australia ??? :D

Anyway, I think the german team did well in the tournament (better than most people thought) and I'm really looking forwrd to the final on sunday.