When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DSN PAM 088 GMT case with a notch

cib0rgman

Hello.

Finally the PAM fever caught up with me I have been a Rollie fan forever and now I have a fully modded 1665 including a gen movement thanks to The Zigmeister. Anyway I just purchase a 088 from Davidsen and I have a couple of question

Check the picture below there some kind of gap where the crown is. does the Gen suppose to look like that I really doubt it, what about the case back is not the correct one or is it?

1003717ir6.th.jpg

And here is a picture of the dial. comments are greatly appreciated

1003727lb8.th.jpg

1003727wi3.th.jpg

Thanks

Can someone tell how to make the pictures bigger !!!!!

DSN 088 is one of the most accurate PAM reps around, it might even be the most accurate one, and your watch is no exception.

Also the caseback is almost 100% -- accurate even in the OP, BB and serial numbers.

Unfortunately your case looks affected by a well known flaw of a recent batch of DSN cases, that notch near the crown tube.

AFAIK, DSN latest cases do not have it anymore. You might ask for a case replacement.

It looks like there is no hope for me Davidsen says that THE Notch ONLY applies to the front of the case, is something is wrong with the back of the case you are dead in the water he will not do anything about it.

I decided to go with him because I heard so much about his pieces. at least I will not get Pam cases with flaws like these from other dealers.

:(:black_eye:

Ouch. Really sorry to hear that.

This is the first time I hear Davidsen not standing behind his pieces.

Davidsen seams to be getting worse and worse i keep hearing this kinda complaints constantly ... then again for some time piece and quiet and again there is someone coming out with issues ...

Sad to hear that has happened i hope u get him to act ... try to be persistent that's all the advice i can give u ATM.

regards Laz

Guest carlsbadrolex

Ive never seen that before... Appears to me that the "notch" goes beyond the outside of the case back. I wonder if it would cause a seal issue and allow water in???

Guest farquar

What a load of crap...Did you send him that photo? He has to make that right, as that doesnt look right at all.

Im waiting for my first dsn pam also, fingers crossed...

I did send him the pictures. I will quote him here

Here is his reply

notch case issue only apply to the front view.

Who is going to notice this notch on the case back?

I do not see the issue really.

If you do not accpet this.

Pls send it back for a refund.

Thank you

At least he gave a choice and says that all his cases are like that which I doubt it. I was not sure about dealing with him you know once you sent the money you are in disadvantage. his does not take paypal. So my only choice is to keep it and suck it or to send it back and at the end i will $50 dollars out

Figures

Ive never seen that before... Appears to me that the "notch" goes beyond the outside of the case back. I wonder if it would cause a seal issue and allow water in???

The notch goes outside the case and i do not have a tool to open the case, I want to check if this will allow water to come into the watch. I way take to my watch guy

regards

Mate I think your over reacting.

He also offered a refund.

The watch looks great btw even with your horrible photographs.

I did not say it looks bad at all and thanks for the comment about my pictures :p If the watch can not be water proof i can not use it. I do not need a watch that can not be near water at all.

I have three other watches and all of them had been on the water up to 100 feet.

My only concern is that I can not be use in the water, I will take it to my watch guy today and see what he has to say.

Cheers