When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sell gen Speedy Pro to fund a couple of reps?

whitestripes

So I posted my story in the supporters section... had a few reps, sold 'em to fund a gen moonwatch. I've been wearing the moonwatch for almost a year, and my damn WISness has been incubating this whole time. If the speedy Date were out last summer, I would have gotten that and be done with it. Now, I find myself missing the date feature and the Date is damn near perfect. Should I sell the Pro to get the Date, and other I want, + cash? I bought it used so I won't take a big hit on depreciation.

Then again, the Pro is classic. I'm young (20) and spent an exorbitant amount on the Pro ($1550), though I love it. I just want more watches, and it's hard to justify buying another of the Speedmaster line. Keep gen, save for reps, or sell gen? What do you guys thinK?

I strongly not selling it, you will regret it. It's a classic, even if new models of speedy come out, they will never replace the original one. If you just sell it to fund some Rep, I can't agrre with that. Rep have no soul, it's just a replic, same look than a gen, maybe 99%, but NO spirit in there. I underrstand what you mean, I pocess a Speedy moon too, and last year, it come to my mind to sell "rep are so good, etc.", but, I re-think about it, and twice... and, I still have it and I will NEVER sell it to fund replicas, never.

If it was just another gen that you never wear, I would probably sell it.

But Moonwatch is a legend. Don't sell it, you're going to regret it later.

Well then WTF are you doing here???? lol

And Speedy Moons arent THAT rare. He could flip it, and buy the rep(s)...and if he decided that he'd made a mistake, but another Speedy.

JMHO,

D

I strongly not selling it, you will regret it. It's a classic, even if new models of speedy come out, they will never replace the original one. If you just sell it to fund some Rep, I can't agrre with that. Rep have no soul, it's just a replic, same look than a gen, maybe 99%, but NO spirit in there. I underrstand what you mean, I pocess a Speedy moon too, and last year, it come to my mind to sell "rep are so good, etc.", but, I re-think about it, and twice... and, I still have it and I will NEVER sell it to fund replicas, never.

I have a load of watches, both rep and gen, including gen Breitling, Panerai, 4 Omegas, Marathon SAR etc etc. One of the Omega is a Speedy Pro and another is a black SMP. If all the watches had to go these would be the last 2 and the Moonwatch would almost certainly be the final one.

Keep it - don't be daft. There are very few reps that really are proper watches straight out of the box and the SOSF is one of them. Keep the Moonwatch and add a blue or white Swiss SOSF for variety, as it is a totally different watch and it will give you the date you want. I have a white one on a gen rubber strap and you will easily forget that it's a rep....honestly it's one of the few reps that really feel gen and no-one will ever 'call you out'......ever.

Keep it and post a pic for us. Or trade up for another Gen!!!!

P1010851.jpg