When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

YEEEEEHAAAAAAAA!!!

Antonio

After some time on here, ordered a SD for myself, fully serviced, and a Sub for a friend, from Joshua. Sub came in first, he shipped separately because mine took a couple of extra weeks. So worth the wait. It's beautiful. Really thick. Already ordered something for my wife. Here's a couple of shots, straight on, a side shot to show how thick it is (so excited I hadn't taken all the protective blue goo off the crown) and something more artistic (gotta love tilt/shift lenses!).

I can highly recommend Joshua's watches, the quality is great, love that he can properly service things, and he'll also recommend against anything that's not quite right in workmanship, look, current stock, etc. Thanks, Joshua!!

post-2119-1152126010_thumb.jpg

post-2119-1152126031_thumb.jpg

post-2119-1152126045_thumb.jpg

Oh, BTW, anyone know where I can get those clear acrylic watch stands? I broke the wire one I made as a temp, hence the watch sitting instead of floating. Just want one or two to make an articulated stand to make this stuff easier.

you can find the watch stands on ebay.

Thanks, CW. Ordered a few, looks like from the same country from which you hail.

Now when I get new watches I'll be able to better position them for photos. Also need an articulated arm, but I know where to find those.

SD was my first rep also...but I sold it cuz it wasnt "me"...

yours looks sweet though...ca you post a pic of the HEV?

I got me some big forearms, so this is definitely "me". Big watches look good on big arms.

Here's the other side and the HE valve.

post-2119-1152166313_thumb.jpg

man great choice on dealer ( josh ) :thumbsupsmileyanim: & excellent choice on the thick SD :thumbsupsmileyanim: !!!!

ENJOY !!!

how much would you say the sd weighs ? about 145 grams ?

Don't know how to weigh it, but it is wonderfully heavy. Alas, we've not embraced metric measure as we should have starting in 1974. SOOO much easier to work with than the imperial/SAE system we use.

And yeah, Josh rocks. He's getting more of my business and he well deserves it.

The SD is on the winder behind me, I hear it being carefully kept wound.

Big watches look good on big arms.

I agree, But the SD was too small for me...so I went with Panerai...Kinda bummed me out cuz there are alot of kewl 40mm/- watches....but they just dont look good on a 9" wrist :(

Nice SD I've been thinking about one myself. Does the HE valve look like the gen?

No, the HEV is wrong. :(

I dont get it, the thinner version SD has the correct looking HEV, the nice fat version has the wrong/fantasy HEV...

Is this the "perfect" SD from Joshua? Great watch, but wrong HEV. I've been thinking about getting my first Rlx, but I'm afraid 40mm is just too small for my meat hooks. 44mm Pams are starting to look small to me. Will probably go for a 45mm ETA PO.

Yeah, it's the "perfect" one. The HE valve really just needs sort of a matching bezel-like outer ring. If anyone looks THAT closely at it and knows the difference, oh, well.

It's a really, really nice watch that I'm proud to wear.