When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Feedback wanted: Omega PO chrono vs Oris Carlos Conte Chrono

ssabripo

I can't decide between these two! both of them are beautiful. The Omega PO chrono (orange) was my first love-at-first-sight, and I still favor it, but the Oris Carlos Conte Chrono limited edition is a beauty too, and over $1000 cheaper! :o

what say you RWG?

22185000.gif

21510.jpg

oris_carlos-thumb.jpg

CCwrist-1.jpg

Personally I'd get the PO Chrono. The Omega is a better watch, IMO.

You'll have to decide, but the Oris is a much bigger watch and much thicker too. I've had a 47mm Oris and although you could, it doesn't double as a board room watch all that well as it struggles to fit under your cuff. The PO on the other hand does anything and goes anywhere so I'd go for the PO. Funny thing is I did. I still have my PO (non-chrono), but the Oris is gone. Good luck. I honestly don't think you could loose with either.

I have both watches..... and as ZTech said, if you need to dress up every once in a while, take the PO which is pretty much like a Submariner - it fits for every occasion. It is one of the very few chronos that can be used under water (the gen, that is) and it is a great watch.

The Oris is also a quality piece and I love my CC but that watch is more on the surfer side of life. It does not fit under a cuff and it looks kinda stupid with a suit.

The PO can be put on a leather strap easily, the Oris needs custom made straps. The original rubber strap cannot easily be changed in size (like a standard leather strap) someting that bothers me in summer because when its hot, I like my wristbands wider...

At the end of the day, you need to decide. Either way, you can't really go wrong...

poonhirschframed.jpg

OrisCC-1.jpg