When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Holy Trinity

youpmelone

Gents,

When I arrived here a few years ago i was the proud owner of a Tissot, and a few cheap asian clones. (Tag, Omega etc)

The dream always was a GMT II, after getting a lot of spam I started digging into the rep world and ended up here.

I found out soon enough that the only reps I wanted where of Ubi, Euno, Freddy or ll..llllTribal quality.

IHS was a no go, and I set my eyes on a daytona, dreaming of Ubi's babies.

But I did the math, a few super reps (the HBB, a daytona) would break the bank the same way a very good deal on a used gen

So I kept an eye on the local internet auctions, and I managed to find a GMT II for a very very good price with papers and box etc.

That one got me hooked, and after my son was born I gave it to him.. well he will get it when he is 18.

The Exp II was a gift to my wife. For 9 months of hard work, "producing" the apple of my eye.

My wife inherited some money from her late grandfather, who used to work on a submarine.

Well, what better way to honor him then investing that money in a timeless piece, we had to wait for almost a year but then I won an aution an this week the 14060M just made the collection complete.

So I m the one with the RLX bug, but my wife has two and my son one... i'm left with none... (well 16.5 years of use left on the gmt II :-))) so that is why you see a 4th on the pictures. But that lady is as you know a tramp.. :-((

Reps bad for the watch industry? I beg to differ.. And i am not the only one who started buying gens after being bitten by the rep bug..

post-3477-1217756128_thumb.jpg

post-3477-1217755848_thumb.jpg

post-3477-1217756167_thumb.jpg

post-3477-1217755745_thumb.jpg

It's been a great ride here, thx for all your postings, patience etc!

Congrats on the collection Youp and thanks for sharing the lovely story with us. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I fully agree that collecting reps push us to buy gens.

I too would never have the balls to put 3 or 4.000 $ in a watch before starting the rep hobby.

Enjoy your babies :yeah:

Cheers

Stephane

Thx guys.. and ehh mr moderator :-))

A few years ago i would not have had the balls either.. but through this site I learned they are keeping their value..

So now it i not money spent but an investment, and with the stock performance over the past year I can not complain that my dineros where in rlx steel :-))