When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sorry I've been away...what are we fighting about lately?

crystalcranium

Haven't been to RWG in a couple of months because of work responsibilities. Damn boards...I just missed the cutoff from a lifetime exemption grandfathered in. Gotta do this crap every 10 years.

When I last joined the peanut gallery here, we were battling over membership contributions, the affordability of Tourbis, QC and high prices etc...

Did I miss anything or should I pick up right where we left off!!!?

Nicely boiled down to the essence there Shundi...

It saves about 40 pages of posts on RWI... Andrew and Josh stand accused of price-fixing and threatening smaller dealers. RWI made a judgement that effects RWI only... but threads ensued anyhow here and on other forums.

RWG2 here addressed the issue nicely, linking back to the discussion on RWI but remaining neutral.

RG put their heads into the sand and promptly banned everyone that might have had *any* input (positive or negative) at all... me included. I'm still somewhat confused by that.

Other than that entire mess of shenanigans, its been pretty much business as usual... "battling over membership contributions, the affordability of Tourbis, QC and high prices etc..."

Plus the GGG thread in the platinum section, you will have to catch up on that.

That's one of the most imported changes here plus we now have raffles and auctions here :thumbsupsmileyanim: .

Some old members left, a lot of new joined, some dealers and modders are gone, new dealers joined and we still think new reps are way too expensive, but keep on buying. So you really didn't miss that much :lol:

Fighting? Nah, how about a POSITIVE story instead:

To me the most important news I have heard is that Bytor's rep CHS Pepsi GMT broke and although that is bad news the good news is that he finally broke down and did what he deserves more than anyone on the planet - he got a gen 16710!!!

...and now with the cease in production of the gen piece as well, not only is he sporting a cool watch, but sporting a very, very collectable one at that which he managed to score for a great price as well.

Let's all be happy for BT, the indisputed international mascot of the 16710...

Victoria moved on. Never came back from one of her vacations. We should also mention that TRC did finally shut down and a number of members (and one outstanding mod) have migrated over here. Membership has grown. Number of dealers (including a couple of oldies but goodies) and availability of product has grown. Several super reps have come out that are not $600+. All-in-all (and when you cut through the inherent noise) things are currently pretty damn good. Nice to see you back.

Victoria moved on. Never came back from one of her vacations. We should also mention that TRC did finally shut down and a number of members (and one outstanding mod) have migrated over here. Membership has grown. Number of dealers (including a couple of oldies but goodies) and availability of product has grown. Several super reps have come out that are not $600+. All-in-all (and when you cut through the inherent noise) things are currently pretty damn good. Nice to see you back.

Nice to be back. Looking forward to spending some money again.....