When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anomalys in Genuine Rolex models too.. resemble "mistakes" in reps.

Daytona4me

I need to improve my knowledge in Rolex, so I was doing some reading.. .I came across this article..

I think people forget that even the genuine is not always perfect. I guess this makes me really question which is the correct.. when they all seem to be "correct". :x

Ok, I have reposted a repost.. :shock: anyway... I'm sure it will be an interesting read for someone... so ... here it is..

I will copy some of the content here for .. but the link to the original article is here: http://www.minus4plus6.com/paracromblu16710.htm

I posted below some of the most relevant to our hobby, things we pick apart on a daily basis.. but there is more than just this in the link I posted above.

Below are pictures of various 16170 anomalies. Click on an image for a larger picture.

1. "-" is shifted to one side on Rectangular II.

2. "Oyster Perpetual Date" has larger spacing in between on Rectangular II.

3. "Swiss Made" is smaller on Rectangular II.

4. The rim on hour markers are thicker on Stick II.

gmtcomparekh5.th.jpg

You can see the "-" has shifted

gmtcsiihc3.th.jpg

Difference in spacing and line weight

font1us1.th.jpg

Swiss Made is smaller on the II dial

hourmarkersdk5.th.jpg

Thicker hour markers on the II dial

spacingsu7.th.jpg

Oyster Perpetual Date spacing is wider

Good post indeed.

We've been saying so often that genuine Rolex have many differences.

Can't find it right now, but a member even posted a "date alignment" thread with tons of photos of genuine with date wheels problem.

Sometimes we are really looking for perfection...while genuine items are not perfect :(

Cheers

Stephane

Yeah guys,, this is kind of new to me even though I have seen these types of threads before... I'm not up on Rolex because I have not been much of a fan but I fell in love with an Anniversary Milgauss when a friend of mine (Rolex AD) pulled one out of the safe and let me try it on. I could kick myself for not finding a way to buy it. Also really liking the ceramic dial GMTII ... so I figured I would begin searching, etc..

Hoping the fresh crop of noobs would learn with me..