When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

So...... Skyland Blacksteel? They have the parts and we know how they like to make $$$ :)

chad

Josh had mentioned that the black steel Skyland would follow the Skyland's release by several months. However, as Josh's Skyland was the V1, it would follow that the only confirmed black steel would also be V1.

No word on if there are any plans for a V2 black steel.

True, look at the joke of a watch the 292 cerarmic is.

Finish is not important to them in PVD as long as it looks black.

I'd bet money it would be pvd, blacksteel isn't hard to do but would cause the maker extra money for the initial setup.

Hey Bricky, long time no see (shame about TRC).

Age has not mellowed you I see :lol:

Phew, thankfully my copyright permissions are all in order ;)

Normally I wouldn't care at all.... but when someone uses MY pictures of MY watch without asking me for permission I tend to be a little [censored]. So if somebody would be so kind to remove them....

Josh had mentioned that the black steel Skyland would follow the Skyland's release by several months. However, as Josh's Skyland was the V1, it would follow that the only confirmed black steel would also be V1.

No word on if there are any plans for a V2 black steel.

?..

Josh's skyland was the V1 and V2....if there is a watch on the market,he has it.

He had told me there will be a blacksteel (from which maker or if both do one,dunno),pretty sure he said a few months after the regular Skylands.

Normally I wouldn't care at all.... but when someone uses MY pictures of MY watch without asking me for permission I tend to be a little [censored]. So if somebody would be so kind to remove them....

Aha, so it was yours? Quite, you have every right to be [censored] off. Milsub - you owe someone an apology.

Strange because that lume shot has been posted elsewhere recently, and it looked familiar (I know you also had a BS, if you recall our discussions last Christmas you-know-where ;)) but I couldn't place it until now.

So I take it all the pics are obviously gen. How do they actually blacken the steel? I have been wanting one of these since they came out. Need a pick-up in the personal economy for that one though. :D

Yes, the watch in the pics is a gen - I had it for a few weeks and then traded it because the coating wore off on the edge of one of the lugs (probably from strap changing).

The Blacksteel is a DLC coated version of the standard Skyland with a different dial (obviously ;)). I also had this confirmed by Breitling.

Cheers,

bricky

PS: I'd like to have those pics removed..... thanks :)

SORRY, i found these pics through google and they are on someone's IS account. I also can not edit my post per RWG rules. In future - watermark your images if you are worried about copyright violations. Great pics, btw!!!

here is more of this beautiful watch (pictures from google search):

1321497gross5c22edf7eh8.jpg

1321497b5c235656vg1.jpg

1321497c5c238f19jr5.jpg

1321497d5c23da4brf4.jpg

1321497e5c243b28fy4.jpg

1321497f5c24a183iu7.jpg

?!

@mil_sub: Could you elaborate why you post pictures of a watch without asking the owner for permission to do so or at least state where you stole them?

Edited by mil_sub

In future - watermark your images if you are worried about copyright violations.

Thought about that quite often.... I think I'll do so in the future.

This is actually the first time I found someone using my pics.... :mellow:

Great pics, btw!!!
Thanks!

@Dluddy: Thanks for editing the post. :)

there are ~1.5 billion internet users in the world (as of 2008), it took 1 user (me) less then 1min to find your pictures. im pretty sure your pictures have been copied 100's of times, its just you dont know about it..

its like miranda warning: "EVERYTHING you post can and will be used against you." LOL, I bet this phrase will be used by cyber police of the future.

Thought about that quite often.... I think I'll do so in the future.

This is actually the first time I found someone using my pics.... :mellow:

Thanks!

@Dluddy: Thanks for editing the post. :)

Edited by mil_sub

I think using pic from other member here in this community/forum to "show" something and comment on it, and by specifying the name of the autor for the credit of the photo, I think it's ok. Outside this forum, it's little picky like the previous member says. Each person have a different opinion on this anyway...