When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

FA Jones Reliability

jleong

Hi All,

I've been reading up a bit about issues with 7750s with seconds at 6.

Does the Manual Unitas movement have the same reliability issues?

Its such a beautiful watch but I don't want to get a ticking timebomb

I did a search and didn't really come up with anything.

Thanks

Damn....

I guess being a replica... its never going to be as good... But 160 dollars for a good watch with an exploding crystal.... I think I could live with that...

Thanks for the info

The movt is ok but the crystals explode.

I've had mine for a couple of years and it's not exploded yet!

Damn....

I guess being a replica... its never going to be as good... But 160 dollars for a good watch with an exploding crystal.... I think I could live with that...

Thanks for the info

I think the FA uses the Swiss Unitas (please correct if Im wrong) If this is the case then it will run very well. The problems are encountered with the Portuguese Chrono which uses a modded 7750.

ETA/Unitas 6498 for $160.. I don't think so !

Must be Chinese Copy.

160 is definately for an Asian Unitas.

There used to be one for 298 which is swiss.. but can't seem to find those anymore.

Is the chinese copy okay as a movement?

ETA/Unitas 6498 for $160.. I don't think so !

Must be Chinese Copy.

Unless I'm mistaken, There is no Panerai with 6498 :p

I have never seen a review or breakdown of the A6498 yet. I know the A6497 is usually good (there is some very bad copy around too) but nothing about the A6498.. Guess I will have to buy one and strip the movement :D

Guest avitt
Unless I'm mistaken, There is no Panerai with 6498 :p

I have never seen a review or breakdown of the A6498 yet. I know the A6497 is usually good (there is some very bad copy around too) but nothing about the A6498.. Guess I will have to buy one and strip the movement :D

I think that the lack of information on the A6498 is pretty telling in itself...There are many, many Joneses in the field, and you never hear about problems with the movements.

I've had two, with no problems.

I also have a Swiss version, and the crystal is sapphire on that one. Otherwise, the watches are pretty much the same (the Swiss has lager fonts on the case engraving, and the Asian has an addition slot in the case to accept the different case clamp positions of the A6498.

I have the F.A.Jones for more than a year and it is w/o any problem...the previous owner had it from the start when it got released...the watch is nice...the asian movement is great looking...everything is as good as possible...and I paid it only 50$! :)