When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Small pictorial: ETA 7753 PAM 188 Daylight

dylan

So I began my research on the 7753 PAMs here:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=79247

My 7753 188 has finally arrived.

My QC issue is this. At the date pusher, the pusher is not flush with

the case, its leaning towards one side. And if you look really closely

in person, the actual pusher itself has a slight 'ding' in it and actually bent a little. It works perfect though. Kinda cool these quickset dates.

Besides that the watch runs beautifully...the only out of box

rep chrono where when running the chrono, the minute subdial hand

actually changes when the long seconds chrono hand hits '12'

I've included a pic alongside my A7750, 2006 PAM 250 to show

that the location of the pushers are the same....If you read my

other thread, I suspect that these cases are from the same 'factory'

and my 250 can accept the ETA 7753 mvmt.

Out of box its great...has the correct color hands (some old dealer pics show silver hands not black), thick crown, and single sided

purplish AR, which I tried to capture in a pic.

QC ISSUE??

188-3.jpg

188-5.jpg

SINGLE SIDED AR

188-4.jpg

LOOK MA...NO RECESSED DW

188-6.jpg

188-7.jpg

188-1.jpg

188-2.jpg

NEXT TO THE A7750 PAM 250 with similar case

188-8.jpg

188-9.jpg

Both great looking watches Dave :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I'm curious, and forgive me if I've completely misunderstood your previous posts, but did you buy this to create a 196, (given the rarity of the 'old' case's), or are you just planning to fit a gen ETA 7753 to this? If the latter, then why not buy the 7753 version in the first place :huh: bit confused, but I'm sorely tempted to buy one to satisfy my own curiosity

It was a 196 that got me into this rep game............and I still haven't bought one!

Hi prof,

I bought it to try something different...the 7753 196 is essentially the same as my 188 but with a different dial/handset/dw color. I got it for its future potential...and no I wouldn't be building a 196 with it due to the brushed bezel...I would use it to build a 7753 PAM 250. In the meanwhile, I have a different daylight to enjoy until I get to the point of building it into

a 7753.

Guest carlsbadrolex

Outstanding watch... I miss mine, and I just know that Bruce79 is never giving it back to me.

I do recall that the quickset date pusher on mine was also like that. It was angled toward one side. I believe that if you opened it up, the button could be turned from the inside to sit flush.

Without a doubt a great looking watch! When mine was on a gen croc strap with gen deployant buckle I always felt that it was as close as a gen could get.

@D: thanks bro...I've sold everything off...I figure I deserve 1 super duper watch...I just got these 2 and my Skyland.

I have a feeling the 188 will get all the wrist time...so the 250 may have to go..

@T: I remember yours....it was the deal of a lifetime...fully modded 188...it looks amazing from bruce79's pictorial...

Congrats on the new watch. I read your last thread and never understood the case button issue. I have built 3 or 4 and had never encountered a case where the button was in a different place. The movement spacers are interchangeable for 7750 and 7753 so as long as you have the spacer which goes with the movement (i.e. one which takes longer or shorter chrono pusher stems) so I would have thought it would be fine.