When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

rare Panerai stuff

dadog13

He has offered the dial and dagger before. By the way I have a "prototype" dagger too. At least I will inscribe Panerai on mine and it is available for $24,999. :lol: The "authenticated" yet never finished cg's are a new one. Do you think I can get Panerai to finish them for me. And the Panerai Book from the 60's is a new listing as well. It should have all of 2-3 watches since Panerai was such a prolific watch maker in 1960. I have always assumed the stuff is real but the seller has takenthe $10,000 for a cup of coffee approach - it only takes one. :whistling:

Actually the CG's are useless for Fiddy's. The measurements are not exactlythe same and it has a batch number rather than "reg tm" inscribed on it. It only makes sense for someone building a 6152 and no matter what you do it needs to be finished. I am sure someone will buy it. It will be the same person who has already got thousands invested into their Angelus 6152.

not cheep that is for sure but i bet people are after the gen CGs for fiddys

They are useles pieces of metall, because they have not been finished yet :) You would need to drill the hole for the CG lever and find a way to attach it to the CG... way too much work, not worth it!

And the dial he is offering also looks like crap IMO. I say anyone who buys this crap to make a watch of it is plain stupid B) (but as you know, I've always known that Paneristi would even buy a turd-in-a-box if it said Panerai on the box!)

He's tried to sell some of the stuff on the accessories corner before, without any luck (unsurprisingly!). The dial is just an engraved prototype (they all claim to be from the book), and Piero from Club Panerai sold 2 for 250 Euros each this year - so that is quite a mark-up. Whilst none of this stuff can easily be authenticated, I'm 95% sure it's all genuine - but the prices are obscene.

If anybody wants to lend me $1,500 for a lever and machine shop to finish of my 6152, I'll be very grateful.