When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

SFSO Blue Dial Differences

Flashman

I've got the new white one and that is a great looking watch. I was just wandering if someone had done a direct side by side comparison of the old and new blue versions. The new one looks a lot lighter than the gen which is a blueish black in reality, depending on the light. It looks great at the AD, but I was wandering if it was possible to switch the older dial over to the newer case and hands to get a more accurate upto date blue rep.

Blue dial isn't exact on the rep. However, the dial greatly changes the color, depending the direction of the light exposure... I believe the 2xAR is the biggest factor.

The white dial will be most accurate. The genuine dials have a deep texture and a almost holographic effect to them. I don't agree with the bluish-black statement about the gen dial though. The blue dial is the best looking in the rep IMO although it is probably the least accurate to the gen. I even think the color on the rep looks better than the gen believe it or not - not the texture though. If you are going for accuracy get the white. But the blue is probably the most stunning if you like blue. I have the gen watch and the color is much more slate grey-ish mixed with the blue than I originally thought. Here is a not so great pic of my watch that you can use to compare to the two rep versions for evaluation. This pic does show the true color of the genuine watch perfectly...

Fish14r.jpg

Edited by RobbieG

Thanks Robbie.

The gen dial is really more "greyish", or more "cyan".

Here's a photo of the rep. I use white fluorescent & filtered light for the dial in my studio setup. From other angles and in different light conditions it looks darker more "violet", probably due to the double AR.

1copy.jpg

I agree that the blue is the least accurate... but who really cares? It's my favorite color on the SFSO.

1c.jpg

Thanks guys, it looks like the older version has a darker blue which is closer to the gen than the newer rep. I agree that the blue gen looks the best, but I would probably go for the older rep to match as close to it.

My white dial on leather will look great (ordered strap from Angus), although I also like it on the bracelet. These SFSOs are amazing value for money indeed.

I wander if the new Skyland V2 blue face is accurate to the gen?