When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen Breilting forum found the new replica Skyland and SA... rep

veyron

Shutting us down would do nothing. we all know where to look for these watches. I have said many times in the past that as these reps get more accurate, the manufacturers will start paying more attention, its inevitable. But, as the second or third poster in that thread indicated, "all the more reason to buy from an AD. That plays right in to Breitlings philosophy, the first thing you see on their web page, ONLY BUY FROM A BREITLING AD. I don't necessarily see perfect reps as a bad thing. High profile automatic watches are making a comeback, largely in part to the rep industry. For the most part, those that can afford a Breit, will buy a Breit. It really doesn't hurt them to have these reps floating about, it only increases their profile IMO.

I agree 100%,if not for reps,i wouldn't own a gen Breitling today or likely ever,and be considering upgrading to a better one.

I think reps are bad for Rolex,as Rolex is already a well known brand,replicating is simple,many people see buying reps as a cheap and easy 'Rolex on the wrist'....

But for brands like Breitling,reps are good exposure,reps will never match gens of this brand,unlike Rolex,and brings new fans to the brand,who then desire the real thing.

yeah, but the forum is just like drug dealers - were the middle man - squash it, and 3 more pop up tomorrow. besides - if you want to talk about "EVERY MODEL" - try perfect clones :) more models than we have photos of models

like i said - their targets are china - and frauds -

if we were giving tips on how to con people into buying these as gens - people would care.

but - we have no idea even amoung ourselves how many sales we are responsible for - how many skylands have been sold - 15? or 150

if you read here - you may think it was closer to 10-20 cause thats about how many folks talk about it.

At least there is education on the Breitling board to help people from being ripped off, and showing what to look out for in the reps. This is likely to be one of those super reps that people will not realise they have a rep it is that good, and it is only through places like that and us that people will know they are not gens.

And like Dave and Dani, were it not for the rep boards I would not likely be looking at getting a gen breitling. I would have bought a Tag and been done with it. So as much as the watch manufacturers might like to say that reps hurt their business, there are numerous people around who get the rep, then want the gen.

I think it's important not to call you Skyland picture for example Breitling Skyland and then post it, then it's easy to find on Google.

The pictures that were posted had no references to "Skyland" or "Breitling" other than a simple "SA" added to the digital camera image number.

I don't see a problem with this being on the gen forums, for the exact reason op stated. 99% of the people on Gen forums do not know or believe there are reps even half as close as the latest "super reps". There have been many postings across gen forums of guys that have bought reps thinking they were used gens.