When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Strap recommendation?

docblackrock

Looking for another 26/26, something along the lines of the papya brown MP-XI I already own, both in colour and quality/feel, but ever so slightly different if that's possible.

Predominantly for a 187 but would like to equally work on my MP-sporting 217 if possible.

All input (with links or pics) appreciated.

Thanks! :good:

Personally, I think you end up with two different straps. On the 187 I would stick with Rubber. You could try a legend strap but in general I wouldn't deviate from the leather.

On the 217 here is my latest favorite strap for my Marine Militare and I use it on my Fiddy as well.

DSC_0116.jpg

DSC_0114.jpg

That one is from tootall and is very reasonably priced.

Thanks for all the input guys, appreciated!

Kruzer - do you have a link for totaal? thanks

Dluddy - been a while since I bought from Drew, always wanted a black/copper shell cordovan for my 217 but he discontinued - may have another lookie there though

Slay - ah yes MF, had a 1942 back in the day but sold it. Having a peruse through their site now.

To clarify, I prefer something classic, contrast-stitched, nicely thick, aged but not distressed or faded, a nice deep rich dark brown colour, not as easy as one would expect.

I'd suggest contact Savage_Here up there... I got my first Savage strap about a month ago and love it. Made to order an priced well below what I would have expected for a custom build.... build quality is fantastic and the leather is robust but nice and soft.

Email him with your exact wants (toss of a photo of a leather color on as well) and I'm sure he'll come up with a masterpiece for you.

*not a paid endorsement, just a thrilled prior customer*

That one is from tootall and is very reasonably priced.

Thanks for the recommendation kruzer00. That is my B2 leather with custom finish and golden wheat thread.

Kruzer - do you have a link for totaal? thanks

To clarify, I prefer something classic, contrast-stitched, nicely thick, aged but not distressed or faded, a nice deep rich dark brown colour, not as easy as one would expect.

You can PM me :)

How's this look? It's totally different than the papaya MP, but it meets the requirements quoted above:

IMG_3190_2_1.jpg

I have all varities of thread color as well.

there are lots of great strap makers out there- i have been very impressed with some of them, especially some of the really gnarly ones from strap culture.

However - i would take a look at HKtan - it will take a good month to get the strap - BUT, you can tell him exactly what you want, in exactly what color, thickness, hide, length - whatever, - and thats what you get. - and considering the rising prices on all those sites - his prices are VERY competitive, if not way better than alot of those other sites.

plus he must have 200 examples of straps he's built already http://s32.photobucket.com/albums/d25/HKTAN1/ password hktan if nothing else, its a great way to see whats out there cause the variation in selection is paralleled by no one.

me personally i like really thick straps - so i have to either get it custom - like V or HKTAN or get the even more expensive premade ones from like strap culture or some of the other newer sites that have popped up.

for me, i don't mind the wait - i have lots of other watches in the collection to wear till the strap comes in or the crystal gets back or whatever