When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Whats the point of buying a replica?

slay

I am only wearing three A&F polos from ebay. They are. I have gen hollister shirts and the quality of Hollistes is awesome.

I hate to rain on your parade but this stuff is really overpriced too, especially the abercromber. It's $0.03 cost of manufacture in a sweatshop and then sold off to kids here for upwards of $80.

Same crap I can get at the "gap" for ten buckaroos.

As far as clothing goes I can't comment. I have never bought any. Some things you should just buy original. But the watches. That's another thing. Many cost 10k or more so a $300 price tag is a fair trade off. And it doesn't have to be 99% to the original because no one wil call you out on it. The ones I don't get are reps based on Seikos etc. They are so cheap to begin with it makes no sense.

What really gets me is woman's bags. Upwards of $200 for a knock off LV or hermes or Gucci or Meow Meow etc. Are you kidding?? For the same amount she can get a genuine high quality bag from Banana Republic or whatever it is.

rofl.gif

You have a lot to learn about women.

I get nike shox for 45$ SHIPPED EMS exact same shoes cost 225+++$ at all shoe stores where i live.

And they are good quality.

Also i pay 10$ each for RL sweats that are also good quality.

Its about have good your connections is mr slay, if you get ripped of yeah i woud not like to buy fake nikes for 70$ and i don't ;)

Cell phones,ipod generics i never buy so can't comment on that marked.

Hmmm, funny that you mention RL Polos... I bought about 50 RL Polos for 12Euros each, and they were genuine.

I have had replica Shox, because I made the mistake to buy on eBay, I thought they were gen (the pics were gen and the seller had good feedback), the shoes were lousy, I threw them away!

It's always possible to get the real deal for much much less, you just need to know where to shop.

But anything from China is crap. Maybe I should recall my experience with so called "genuine golf clubs", they were lousy (IMO) and the titanium wasnt titanium. Others were happy with the golf clubs and believed they were genuine. I know they weren't and I wasnt happy.

Like I said, most people are happy with the fakes, because they have never had the real item.

As for A&F, I dont see the point buying a fake. I remember getting A&F stuff so cheap on 5th ave... Maybe the Chinese make good quality replicas, but I dont see a good replica A&F hoodie for 10$. I see them selling for 40$. I paid 60 for the real deal. And this wasnt at some outlet store, it was at 5th Avenue in NYC right next to Burberry, Hermes, LV and Ferragamo!

@Ken I dont know the quality of most of your products. Many customers seem to be happy with it, thats fine. I myself just dont see the point of buying a fake A&F jacket for 125$ or a fake iPod for 120$. I've always followed the principle "live & let live", I was just curious as to what the motivation behind buying those fakes is.

I'm also not aiming this at YOUR stock, because like I said, I dont have any experience with your stuff, I can only judge by the pictures. My comments were mostly towards the stuff that is being sold on eBay and where not.

Hmmm, funny that you mention RL Polos... I bought about 50 RL Polos for 12Euros each, and they were genuine.

I have had replica Shox, because I made the mistake to buy on eBay, I thought they were gen (the pics were gen and the seller had good feedback), the shoes were lousy, I threw them away!

It's always possible to get the real deal for much much less, you just need to know where to shop.

But anything from China is crap. Maybe I should recall my experience with so called "genuine golf clubs", they were lousy (IMO) and the titanium wasnt titanium. Others were happy with the golf clubs and believed they were genuine. I know they weren't and I wasnt happy.

Like I said, most people are happy with the fakes, because they have never had the real item.

As for A&F, I dont see the point buying a fake. I remember getting A&F stuff so cheap on 5th ave... Maybe the Chinese make good quality replicas, but I dont see a good replica A&F hoodie for 10$. I see them selling for 40$. I paid 60 for the real deal. And this wasnt at some outlet store, it was at 5th Avenue in NYC right next to Burberry, Hermes, LV and Ferragamo!

@Ken I dont know the quality of most of your products. Many customers seem to be happy with it, thats fine. I myself just dont see the point of buying a fake A&F jacket for 125$ or a fake iPod for 120$. I've always followed the principle "live & let live", I was just curious as to what the motivation behind buying those fakes is.

I'm also not aiming this at YOUR stock, because like I said, I dont have any experience with your stuff, I can only judge by the pictures. My comments were mostly towards the stuff that is being sold on eBay and where not.

Humm,

I have like 6 pairs of nikes that are gen including shox and i also have the fake ones.

I enjoy them all.

Also i have all types of brands in my closet retro sport, affliction, Napajiri,RL,AJ,D&G,Prada,Gaudi and more all gen.

The fakes i have bought has been very nice in terms of quality and such but i do wear mostly my genuine clothes 95% of the time.

My gen vercase got ripped in the arm pits after been used for like 2weeks. :p And it was my size no tight shirt at all.

Agree on what Slay wrote.

I can vouch for the clothes that the real deal doesn't cost that much ;) Just shop around and you will never know you can get a really good bargain.

For example, Burberry pants: 20 dollar (yes, it's gen). Armani suit: 100 dollar (yes, it's gen too). Where to shop? A town in Indonesia called Bandung.

Even in China, you can find these bargain too (gen item, excess stock, to be destroyed but sold locally).

Why are they priced that way? Extra stocks which usually are not for sale, somehow got their way to "local boutique/factory outlet".

A while back I started to become interested in MB fountainpens... I looked at the reps and decided it would be easier to buy one gen (used) MB for the price of 2 or 3 reps... Did a bit of digging and found that many many wonderful Gen pens can be had for prices not much higher than the reps... And anyone who uses a nice fountain pen knows the Nib is everything... I've used reps and they were almost unusable due to scratchy feel and feed issues. A MB that I wanted badly sells in the 50usd range... I found a used Gen for 90usd... well worth the price difference. And much like watches... good pens are made by many many more companies than MB... modern MB's can't hold a candle to Omas and Pelikan and several other makes.

So far... the only rep items I've found that have been of usable quality have been watches... i may give some rep clothing a whirl, but I would expect that much like gen stuff... until you get it tailored to actually fit, its going to look like a fancy potato sack.

If anyone knows a source for rep Prada mens dress shoes... let me know... the gen pair I want on clearance is still over 500usd... wife would kill me.

Well, if you think that's dumb, I see people selling used photgraphy equipment on Ebay that actually costs MORE than brand new w/warranty. So apparently, some people just aren't good at math. In the words of George Carlin: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

That is a very funny thread...

I do agree with the OP...on certain points ;)

Andy looked great in Brussels :drinks:

I bought some tailor made suits in Bangkok in the late 80ies and thought I was the king of the world... :yeah:

I also bought a quartz Rolex DayDate ...and almost 20 years later I know it is a piece of s... :black_eye:

When it comes to suits, I love to wear my Corneliani one, it's my favourite. (http://194.244.11.134/it/index.jsp)

I hope I can put my hands on a reasonable priced Zegna one day...(http://www.zegna.com/)

They are makers...not brands.

It's not as famous as the usual brands, but man, how good it looks and wears.

I did myself a favor once and got an Armani shirt ...never again. It's probably manufactured in the poorest chinese manufacture. :yuk:

A suit should be a second skin...and who cares about the brand...nobody see the brand of the suit anyway.

But everyone will remember: "wow, that guy was wearing a great suit!" They might add "it's a Boss" :shock:

Buying rep items is ok for our hobby but hey what level are we talking about...The best level possible in our hobby for sure.

I agree with the "made in germany" quality or made anywhere else but asia and turky.

Most of my clothes are coming from "unknown" brands and are top quality and cheap and some of them are coming from Outlets where you can get a Cerruti suit at 30% of it's original price.

Cheers

Stephane

Anybody who thinks rep clothes are a good idea must really live in the sticks. Whether or not the quality is good, the prices are so out of whack it's crazy; one decent sale at Bloomingdale's or one of the high-end Macy's is pretty much all you need. If your tastes are a little more suburban, you can get all the Burberry shirts and True Religion jeans (and plenty of tacky Audigier type crap) you want at Off 5th or Nordstrom Rack at 40-75% off. If for some reason you like Ralph Lauren and such, that stuff is $20 and under at Marshalls and Ross all day long.

I don't really know what to say about Abercrombie and Hollister stuff except I was absolutely shocked to see reps of it. That's like making rep Hanes or Old Navy or something.

Off topic, a few of my buddies and I decided to get part-time summer jobs at A&F a few years ago as a prank (don't ask what the prank was). I worked the ladies dressing rooms for three weeks--good times.

A suit should be a second skin...and who cares about the brand...nobody see the brand of the suit anyway.

But everyone will remember: "wow, that guy was wearing a great suit!" They might add "it's a Boss" :shock:

Some people wear their suits with the manufacturer label still sewn onto the sleeve. This is for whom replica clothing is made.

If you're talkin about a tailor made suit, that one is probably going to be worth it (but make sure you dont get the cheapest one!). I mean I dont think a Thai Tailor is in any way inferrior to a german, british or an italian tailor.

I agree. As long as the buyer does his homework & comes prepared (knowing what he wants & what details go into making a good suit), any tailor should be able to make a great suit. But some tailors do require a slight bit of prodding to get your money's worth out of them.

The Duponts are nice... BUT they are not perfect. You need lots of frankenparts to make it good!

Dupont

lobbsrolex020a1.jpg