When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Any flaws with this 3717?

whitestripes

according to the relatively deep recessed subdials it seems to be the v1. but that's really hard to tell. the AR in the first pics doesn't look better than the standard on the V1 but the last one looks like V2 AR. I don't like the V2 dial because it screems rep in the dark and the different colors on the dial and on the hands looks cheap. but anyway - it looks good on the pics ^_^

I'm a bit of a noob, but would agree with it being a v1 dial at least. Not only because of the subdials, but the 3,6,9 markers are wider like the v1. I have a v1 and mine has similar AR to the pics that I see.

You could ask for a lume shot ... that would give the version away easily (assuming no mods). Lume on the 3,6,9,12 markers only = v1. Lume on the numbers also = v2.

Irregardless, it looks good to my (somewhat untrained) eye. The markers look square and the day/date wheels look to be fairly well lined up (at least for Wednesday the 21st). Chrono second hand lines up perfectly to 12. Gaps around the SEL's are good and the crown looks like it screws in flush to the case. I don't know what else to check for, but I think you have a keeper.

It's a fine 3717 rep. Looks just like mine before I modded it to death. That AR isn't strong... it's just very blue. The dial is very good and the case and bracelet are top notch. The minimal mods would be a set of ETA day/date wheels. For best results, relume the dial + hands and fix the 12,3,6,9 markers (FYI subdial hands on the gen are *NOT* lumed), and redo the AR. Overall, a great watch. I practically wear mine daily now.

Oh, come on... be a sport. It's only your 5th thread about the watch ;)

It's a beautiful watch. Congrats :D

Haha Nex, you're right I am starting to be a little neurotic about it. It's just that it's the most expensive rep I've bought so far, and I have no reps right now, so I'm worried about lots of things going wrong. Thanks for lightening the mood, and thanks everyone for your help. I'm going to OK the watch and will wait patiently for it. ^_^

real or fake?

dsc0009pv6.jpg

fake!! dark canon pins on the sub dials... <_<

triangle @ 12 not big enogh.

btw: minute counter not reset 2 zero...

german daywheel - I know it can be ordered by the factory but it's not common...

Edited by Merlin

May I present my first super rep: (sorry for the pics, it's a webcam fixed to my laptop monitor)

Picture0074.jpg

It was confirmed as only having lume at 3,6,9,12 and hands, and indeed it does. I am pretty sure this is a V1, because the AR is there, but weak (reflections disappear at some angles). The markers looked a little crooked in the pictures, but that's because they are not flat but three dimensional, so depending on the angle it looks like it's a little angled when it's not. I am thoroughly impressed by the fit and finish of the watch, legibility. This is also my first A7750, the pushers are hard to push! Also, I've noticed the minute totalizer switches over at about 58 seconds instead of at the triangle: is this characteristic of the A7750?

Here's a wrist shot (not too big for my wrist, is it?)

Picture0073.jpg

The bracelet resizing is very IWC and easy to do with toothpicks, but IMHO nothing beats screws. With these you don't need a small screwdriver or specialized tools, but I have to hold two things and push in perpendicular angles. No problem, but a little awkward at times.

Question: how do I get rid of all of that blue protective sticky stuff on the crown? It's in between the small wording of Probus IWC Sca-whatever and it's hard to get all of it out.

I love this watch and it's a keeper. Will most likely double AR, datewheel swap and relume, but that'll take time. I wish I could just send it to one place to get it all done. (in CONUS)

Anyway, this is certainly a super rep. I don't see it getting called out because 1) IWC is not known by non WIS, like Rolex 2) Its fit/finish is damn near perfect 3) it's incredibly accurate!

You need this watch.