When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

crazy bears

phaedo

• 2 weeks later...
Guest carlsbadrolex

When I was about 12 years old my father had the bright idea to take my family on a camping/fishing trip to Canada. One of the high points of the trip was a side trip to the local trash dump to see the bears.

My not so outdoorsy father managed to get our vehicle stuck in some soft ground and after about 30 minutes the car was approached by 3 bears. We spent the next two hours watching bears climb all over our car. They were small black bears... but I remember my mother praying alot.

Of course my little brother and I thought it was the greatest thing of our lives and managed to take some really interesting pictures. I wonder who the heck has them????

T

What an adventure for a couple kids!

I was out at Pt. Milne one winter, way out on the sea ice in a pickup truck. The Papa of all polar bears showed up and I thought it was all very cool and sat there watching from, oh, 5 feet away. I went back to camp with my story and Joe (an ancient Yup'iq gentleman) said "You thought you were safe in your truck? He just wasn't hungry."

:ph34r: