When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

RWG Page titles <title></title>

blade007

Hiya guys,

just noticed that every page seems to have the same <title> tag

<title>RWG - The best replica forum online</title>

This is making it a real nightmare to browse though my history and bookmarked threads. Please can you fix the page title to be the title of the thread?

This is a potential SEO disaster as well, google will not index the pages as all of them have the same title..

Cheers

it shouldnt make a difference with adsense adverts. Adsense is "injected" by google using javascript and iframe. whereas the page titles are part of the theme template for Invision Board..

Google reads the meta tags, title and content to determine which ads will be best suited to the page.

Google reads the meta tags, title and content to determine which ads will be best suited to the page.

yeah thats true to a point.. but having the same title surely doesnt help does it? I assume it will be seen as "google keyword stuffing" or spam at some point? not to mention dupe contnet based on having same page titles alone?

bad seo == less traffic == less money (from adsense)

yeah thats true to a point.. but having the same title surely doesnt help does it? I assume it will be seen as "google keyword stuffing" or spam at some point? not to mention dupe contnet based on having same page titles alone?

<title> isn't an absolute. Google won't mark down sites without unique titles, but it will mark up sites with relevant titles. Adwords don't need high-ranking sites; I had better adword revenue from a PR3 site than I did for a PR5 for a while, and the PR5 was very nicely crafted for SEO.

alright guys...

i just thought i will point this out.. for whatever reason u dont see it fit for pages to have proper titles is ur call...

irrespective of bad seo or good adsense revenue. i am here for the watches and not to guide u all about good seo/website practices.. i get enough of that at work, atleast i get paid for it there..

now, what sub should i buy next?

Edited by blade007

This title thing is annoying - now all the pages are the same, can't figure out which pages to navigate back to... head about to explode!! It certainly may be the best replica forum online, but we don't want the whole world knowing, do we??