When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

thanks to Barack Obama

fotoman

What's Joe like in person?

in public in person - very smart, nice - but of course this was a fundraiser - i remember his talk he gave us - like 15-25 people in the room - was very impressive, he has an encyclopedic knowledge of foreign affairs

My friend who hosted this fundraiser for him, said he is a real son of a [censored]. - but, thats really what obama is counting on, isn't it :)

his job is to bloody up mccain.

ok - lets play a game - who can name ALL of the people in these photos -

They are all famous, but for very different reasons.

:)

don't give me a partial answer i need the whole SLATE - Good luck

26020798zv4.th.jpg

26291146ht4.th.jpg

35169038iq3.th.jpg

11lk3.th.jpg

10ew9.th.jpg

13204911vu8.th.jpg

72461574mj3.th.jpg

31888354mr1.th.jpg

70447112me3.th.jpg

45278422vb2.th.jpg

37701022gw5.th.jpg

Tell us about the watch you were wearing during this encounter!

i think this was pre-rwg

Please, dont be offended by this, but I somehow dont understand those who adorn themselves with pictures taken with prominent people.

I mean, I have pictures with myself and the Minister of Defense the Chief of Staff of the Nato and severall other important persons aswell, but I would never ever put them on my wall.

My friend who is a lawyer adorns himself with pictures of soo many prominent people.. I dont think it makes him a better person or even more special.

Maybe this is an american thing? (my friend is american) I dont understand the purpose!

Edited by slay

Please, dont be offended by this, but I somehow dont understand those who adorn themselves with pictures taken with prominent people.

I mean, I have pictures with myself and the Minister of Defense the Chief of Staff of the Nato and severall other important persons aswell, but I would never ever put them on my wall.

My friend who is a lawyer adorns himself with pictures of soo many prominent people.. I dont think it makes him a better person or even more special.

Maybe this is an american thing? (my friend is american) I dont understand the purpose!

Its a marketing thing - you walk into your lawyers office and he has photos with the president and vice president and last president, and half a dozen governors ands us senators

you figure - wow, this guy gets around.

I don't have these up in my house. - and not to put down the minister of defense, but on all but 2 or 3 of my photos those people have a 70% photo id recognition with the average USizen - don't think 25% of USers could name the secretary of defense.

so, it just depends on what the context is. - For me, i work in politics, new clients think i'm the shiznit when they see i "know" all these people. oh, crap i should have thrown up my charlie crist photo, that would have been a tuff one ;)

its all marketing. - but, realistically, i don't go crazy trying to get photos anymore - and also, none of these were like, me waiting 2 hours to grab a photo - they were all at fundraisers or special events to which i was a guest or host.

Very cool photo. I too have met Biden and, regardless of politics, the guy is one helluva room commander. He takes over the room regardless of who else is in there (and one time 2 ex-presidents were in the room). I've never understood American politics and how this guy hasn't been president yet. Pho already said he has impressive foreign policy knowledge but he has encyclopedic knowledge of pretty much everything he opens his mouth about. It will be interesting to see if McCain is now forced into picking Romney because the other Republican VP candidates would get decimated in a debate with Joe. A guy smarter than me (that works for one of the other candidates) claims that Romney would kill McCain's already meager support among the religious right and end any chance he has at electability so that would make Obama's play for Biden all the more brilliant.

Sorry if that is politically offensive to some, I admit to not understanding the American polarization when it comes to politics. It's not a football game fellas.

Very cool photo. I too have met Biden and, regardless of politics, the guy is one helluva room commander. He takes over the room regardless of who else is in there (and one time 2 ex-presidents were in the room). I've never understood American politics and how this guy hasn't been president yet. Pho already said he has impressive foreign policy knowledge but he has encyclopedic knowledge of pretty much everything he opens his mouth about. It will be interesting to see if McCain is now forced into picking Romney because the other Republican VP candidates would get decimated in a debate with Joe. A guy smarter than me (that works for one of the other candidates) claims that Romney would kill McCain's already meager support among the religious right and end any chance he has at electability so that would make Obama's play for Biden all the more brilliant.

Sorry if that is politically offensive to some, I admit to not understanding the American polarization when it comes to politics. It's not a football game fellas.

no offense should be taken, i think that is pretty sound analysis.

Problem is mccain is in a real pickle - there are very few that can stand on the same stage as biden - but like you said, he has base problems.

The best thing mccain could do would be to find a woman to put on the ballot - takes novelty away from obama's nomination - it will be tuffer for a bulldog like biden to snip at a woman, (makes him look bad)

but, what i'm hearing from top mccain insiders is that there aren't any woman that fit the bill - that they are comfortable with anyway.

I think its romney - mccain is going to have to make an economy play - and unless he taps some CEO who is not in politics (bad way to get your feet wet)

its tuff. - but, in my opinion, it will be almost impossible for mccain to win, based upon a whole host of factors that are out of his control. - economy, bush, the war, obama's excitement, historical trends ect ect

no offense should be taken, i think that is pretty sound analysis.

its tuff. - but, in my opinion, it will be almost impossible for mccain to win, based upon a whole host of factors that are out of his control. - economy, bush, the war, obama's excitement, historical trends ect ect

never underestimate the power of the hillbillies, yokels and rednecks!

Edited by slay

One problem for us here though is Bidens strong support for intellectual property rights, and that includes wanting to bring China into line. He's also been on record siding with the RIAA and MPAA on a number of issues.

Good thing that the Preisdent signs the laws and not the VP!