When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Reps with working chronos on Asian 21J for the cheap?

beefy6969

Hi, im a beginner and would like to find some quality reps with Asian 21J movements.

I'd like to keep my reps under $150 for now and dont mind the lower movement.

Where can I find 21J versions with working chronos for...

Omega Planet Chrono, Orange

Porsche Flat 6 Chrono

Baume & Mercier Riviera

Thanks!

Hey beefy,

Just cruise on over to our dealers section. Most dealers will have different versions of the watches you're looking for and sometimes will even do custom jobs with the movement you're looking for. I'd suggest contacting one and seeing what they can do for you. Good luck.

Hi, im a beginner and would like to find some quality reps with Asian 21J movements.

I'd like to keep my reps under $150 for now and dont mind the lower movement.

Where can I find 21J versions with working chronos for...

Omega Planet Chrono, Orange

Porsche Flat 6 Chrono

Baume & Mercier Riviera

Thanks!

sorry but for 150$ and less you cannot get an automatic movement with working chronos from the dealers...if you are lucky you could find them on the 2nd hand market...but even if they come on the 2nd hand market at that price, they sell within minutes!

as for the mentioned models there are the ones with working chronos at the price you said (approx. 150$) but they are QUARTZ powered reps...

the reps that you are after and that have automatic movement w working chronos go by the dealers for 250+$...more likely in the 300$+ range....

dont do it, you WILL regret it, start with some of the cheeper autos like the Choppard Mille, it has a loud rotor but what a watch for $100 ish

agree with that...there should be a sticky somewhere with the best reps in the 150$ range...the SOSF is listed there as well, together with Noobmariners, Yachtmariners and others...plenty of selection of good and cheap reps...

I'll look for the stick and will post a link for you...

don't go quartz!

If it is a working chrono it will not be an asian 21j and vise versa, I am sure there are working chronos out there that are cheep but not sure if you can get one under $150, how about looking here a post about reps under $150

agree with that...there should be a sticky somewhere with the best reps in the 150$ range...the SOSF is listed there as well, together with Noobmariners, Yachtmariners and others...plenty of selection of good and cheap reps...

I'll look for the stick and will post a link for you...

don't go quartz!

In my post mate

Thanks for the advice guys. I concur with you all. I'll get myself an automatic 21J without chronos then.

One more question, being that this is an expensive hobby, are the resale value for good condition reps above 80% and up?

I ask that because on some of my other hobbies, I can't seem to sell my stuff for that high of a resale value. example, baseball cards, comics, knives, shoes, etc.

Yea, automatics watched rule!

I would say that yes you can make back some of what you paid out as you are doing the QC, and alot of people like to buy pre owned that are working, but beware, post very good photos and disclose even the smallest mark. buyers can be very picky. Oh and you have to either be a supporter or donate 10% of you sale price to sell on the board, it is worth being at least a supporter.

Just for the future reference: chrgod's excellent overview of the best "budget" replicas is sticked in the "watch reviews" section. It's easy to find (and link).