When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Aquatimer Chronograph

RobbieG

I use a lot of different gear and settings and it is unimportant. You can use a pocket camera or a DSLR with a factory macro setting even to great effect without even getting into fancy macro lenses or settings. The key is to not use a flash and to use a tripod when using these pre programmed settings. If you use a factory setting for DOF/ shutter speed the speed will be too slow if the DOF is right so you will need a tripod or the image will be blurry if you turn the flash off. Overall, using a tripod is the best thing you can do to get crisply focused images of any close up subject.

looks great. what kind of lens and what kind of settings. my current dslr macro lens sucks and really need to get a new lens to take photos like this.

It's gen. They only repped the steel version known as the Slevin - thanks to Pugwash. For some reason even with the success of the GST they didn't do the Ti version. I have had it for a year or so but I just felt like shooting it again today for some reason...

The Slevin I would think would be right up your alley on SS bracelet and I'm surprised you never got one of those. 42MM and the best and most comfortable bracelet around. Check it out.

Congrats Robbie... cool watch, and good photos too.

I'm not that familiar with IWC. Is that gen or rep? Looks great, either way.

Yeah, I have been meaning to do that. The problem is when I get a little time I'm always still kind of stuck here in the office by choice. The watches and the original boxes are sort of the only thing here other than computers and monitors. So for me I always kind of just reach for those as props. I don't get out much. I am here by myself maybe 12-18 hours a day only going home for sleep and my programmers and assitant are here during market hours. This board is like an old friend for me. Gives me something to do. People ask me what I do lately and I say I'm a professional "waiter". They ask what restaurant I work and and I say "No, I don't wait tables, I just wait..."

Bytor and Pugs have been known to do a prop or two - or no? I forget who does good interesting prop stuff these days.

Your photography is always top notch so its hard to say "even better", I guess i'd be better off saying you haven't lost your touch.

I'd like to see more diorama type shots from you guys. More interesting backrounds.