When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bond's Seamaster & Walther PPK

P4GTR

DSC02589.jpg

There are many reviews of the Omega Seamaster Pro, I still wanted to share my thoughts and a few pictures.

I found myself not quite in the market for a gen yet. So this thing came along in its place. I'm going to test drive it to determine if the gen is what I want. So far, someday, it is. The SMP has not left my wrist but for only half of a day since Its arrival. It wears much like a Submariner size wise. The scalloped edge bezel combined with the alternating brushed and polished curves of the case make the SMP appear more streamlined when compared to a Submariner. It has a less chunky presence, but its size still feels very right, and is extremely comfortable on the wrist.

The crownguards are not correct. But they do exist, and are more prominant than some pictures alude to.

DSC02545.jpg

DSC02543.jpg

DSC02548.jpg

DSC02552.jpg

mvmt4.jpg

The new Co-Axial SMP is close to $3,000 US. AD's will take 10-15% off, resulting in a price of approximately $3,700. Where the Submariner has close to a $6,000 price tag. This keeps the SMP in a somewhat reasonable price catagory when compared to Rolex, who appears to be pricing themselves completely out of the middle class market. Even their stainless sport models cause pretty intense sticker shock.

Two 007 icons, together on film yet again:

2007.jpg

1007.jpg

4007.jpg

13007.jpg

The Good:

-Dial is pretty well done.

-gen ETA 2824-2

-Wears very comfortable

-If you can get past the known flaws, it is a great watch in itself, and satisfying.

The Bad:

-No AR

-Crown guards

-bracelet screws

-sides of bracelet are polished (easy fix)

-incorrect He valve

-Insert needs to be realigned in the bezel

Isolated issues:

-Pearl is cockeyed, sitting on the edge of the triangle. Replacement insert is in route (on the house).

-stripped screws in the bracelet

-missing both movement holders

-divers extension will not retract into the band securely. Between the screws and the divers extension, as well as a rough pusher, I felt it was necessary to obtain a replacement bracelet. LordRasta was kind enough to send me a brand new one for free. Thanks again S! :D

DSC02566.jpg

that watch is one of my all time favourites, , looks good on ss bracelet and even in leather, it's comfortable at 40mm, very very close to the gen thing and all around one of the best reps made. Besides, it's been in production since 1994? this is a living classic, and one of the most important Omega designs in time. The only flaws that bothers me in this watch besides the missing AR, is that I can't seem to find the laser trigger, the crystal cutter or the ultra sound standby button. At least in the movie they were activated by the He crown...

that seamaster is one sexy babe, I love mine.

great pics.

An S? a PPK--------S? You've not learned yet young grasshopper! LOL Really, GREAT review and a decent weapon. Come to NJ and we'll go "Shootin' Boy" Hope everything is good son, hope Dad and GF are well. BTW, We'll go to the range on me if you're ever in these parts.

Best,

Your Uncle Jay

cool, but should it not be a Walther P99 with the Omega, PPK with Rolex or one of these gems:

007-tvwatch.jpg

007-g757.jpg

007-m354b.jpg

Just two 007 icons.. Would you settle for a tulip?

An S? a PPK--------S? You've not learned yet young grasshopper! LOL Really, GREAT review and a decent weapon. Come to NJ and we'll go "Shootin' Boy" Hope everything is good son, hope Dad and GF are well. BTW, We'll go to the range on me if you're ever in these parts.

Best,

Your Uncle Jay

Where have you been? Good to see you still lurking, lurker.

The PPK/S only wants to feed hollow pts. FMJ's hang on the ramp, which was polished poorly, too much was polished off. On the PPK, the ramp is on the frame, not the barrel. Full loss. Call it... Prop gun.

Learned? UJ my friend, this is much more likely, your speed.

DSC012444.jpg

DSC01446.jpg

DSC01445R.jpg

Quick thanks to the 140 or so of you that looked and did not post.

Feels like no one's listening. When no one's listening, people stop talking.

A lot of senior members have this feeling, and I totally understand why.

A big thanks to those of you that dropped by and did say hello! :D

Quick thanks to the 140 or so of you that looked and did not post.

Feels like no one's listening. When no one's listening, people stop talking.

A lot of senior members have this feeling, and I totally understand why.

A big thanks to those of you that dropped by and did say hello! :D

Sometimes people don't know what to say except for

"Nice watch". All I could come up with was Armed Robbery.