When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen vs Rep, PAM000

jaykeem

Guys I wanted to share with you a quick photo comparison of my gen 000 and my rep 000 that I just finished making on Monday. I'll go in depth at a later time with better photos of the actual case and its dimensions. But from my experience the standard rep case from the cartel is amazing. The edges are a touch rounded on the rep but unless you are looking for it you will never know the difference.

Anyway here are some photos to see what I'm talking about. I think the rep is very good as I took the Ted Su off it it and put it back on the rep thinking it was the gen lol. :D

The 'flaws' are there but when looking at the watch as a whole and on the wrists its virtually indistinguishable. We can talk about the thickness of the lume, wrong As or Rs, logo is more bold, the crown looks thinner, ETC. Our dealers provide us with awesome reps and with a little work they can be pretty damn good.

One thing I did notice though is that the rep cartel crown I have has 50 teeth. The dimensions are the same as the gen but has 54 teeth. The rep cartel crown I have just has a more pronounced bevel on the teeth which makes it reflect as looking smaller.

Last thing I would like to note is that V's crownguards awesome and dare I say BETTER than the gen? :)

IMG_6035.jpg

IMG_6031.jpg

IMG_6033.jpg

IMG_6041.jpg

IMG_6043.jpg

IMG_6025.jpg

IMG_6030.jpg

First of all... thanx for making a comparisson!!

But... do you really count 54 teeth on the gen? There's a discussion going on about crowns produced by T and some members with a fairly recent PAM000 or PAM112 count only 48 teeth :o

One thing I did notice though is that the rep cartel crown I have has 50 teeth. The dimensions are the same as the gen but has 54 teeth. The rep cartel crown I have just has a more pronounced bevel on the teeth which makes it reflect as looking smaller.

Sorry guys I did a better job of counting the PVD auto crown I was definitely wrong about 54 teeth its 52 on the gen PVD auto crown of mine

Here is a 100% crop of how I counted my gen crown. I taped the crown off into sections of teeth covered in tape and not covered in tape. 14 + 10 + 18 + 10 = 52.

crown100crop.jpg

IMG_6047.jpg

IMG_6046.jpg

IMG_6045.jpg

Please excuse my tore up looking OP crown package.

Edited by jaykeem

Please excuse my tore up looking OP crown package.

Btw the package from a cg lever!? Tha package has a MX code which means it is an H series cg lever.. Earlier A-E series levers had PAV code...

Did you got that crown in this package?

Tha package has a MX code which means it is an H series cg lever..

And you are incorrect on the MX code as this is what Richemont has in there system as the lever for a 40mm lever... it was sent to me by mistake and later corrected by them with the proper part, MX0025DV, which is the lever for an 029....

by the way, thinking about it... it is possible the MX lever is not the original part for the 029... at which point, we're both correct and incorrect at the same time...

Well thanks Mike for giving me a gen PVD crown in a lever case! So where did this 'gen' crown come from I want a refund! j/k

i make them in my garage... then i send them to turkey for a friend to sell... got you all fooled!

And you are incorrect on the MX code as this is what Richemont has in there system as the lever for a 40mm lever... it was sent to me by mistake and later corrected by them with the proper part, MX0025DV, which is the lever for an 029....

Anyway it really doesn't matter what lever exactly it is... It is definately not the packaging of a crown so no reason for Jay to show it in it ;)

But indeed the H series cg lever is MX0025DV .. so if they sold it to you as lever for the 29 that means that all cgs A-now have the same lever.

dsc00444vw5.jpg

Anyway it really doesn't matter what lever exactly it is... It is definately not the packaging of a crown so no reason for Jay to show it in it ;)

But indeed the H series cg lever is indeed the MX0025DV .. so if they sold it to youas lever for the 29 that means that all cgs A-now have the same lever.

dsc00444vw5.jpg

Deleted as you recommended! I'd like to see someone with a gen auto count their crown to confirm a teeth count on it.