When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Die Grosse Fliegeruhr!

lanikai

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a chance to do some formal portraits of the new Big Pilot. It's a beautiful piece. I can't stop looking at it! And it's wonderful to photograph, as well. Hardest thing was talking myself into taking it off my wrist.

Same here A ...she is a looker fo sure !! .. I am ordering another custom strap for the deployment buckle .. I need to get it exactly correct to my wrist.. so I'm not rushing it

It definately is a Manly looking timepiece..

Live Strong and Wear it Well !!!!

Aloha~Cheers

Lani

Wow- I've been out of circulation for a while - nothing was really capturing my interest since the 06 CD and the Slevin - but this has me back in the game!

As the wearer of a gen BP, I'm keen to get my hands on one of these as a weekend "hacker" to keep the good watch in tip top shape. (something I've done before eg SeaDweller).

When (not if) I jump for one of these I'll try to get some comparison shots done.

Mine was caught by customs :black_eye::angry: (first time for me after more than 50 reps) this is a sad, sad day :( , they're request a invoice in order to free the package

what to do now?? this is my worst day ever !!!!

Do not reply !!!! do nothing.. they will send it back to it's point of origin in 30 day's and your dealer will replace it..it's not a matter of "will he?".. I'm sure he will..sorry for your loss.. I can empathize..!! -_-

did it say ... "no invoice" in the letter.. and chances are it went to SFO.. not LAX ??

Edit add:.. sorry I looked at your time zone and it does not appear to be in the USA>>

U may want to consider another address..

No actually they said that the package exceed the value and they need the invoice to check the right price and quote the corrt tax to import the good, so they must think is a GEN

but if a tell them "is a 200 usd watch" from china they`ll knew right away is a fake and confiscate it

well i guess is just a question of waiting now,

thanks lani for your kind words = )

Do not reply !!!! do nothing.. they will send it back to it's point of origin in 30 day's and your dealer will replace it..it's not a matter of "will he?".. I'm sure he will..sorry for your loss.. I can empathize..!! -_-

did it say ... "no invoice" in the letter.. and chances are it went to SFO.. not LAX ??

Edit add:.. sorry I looked at your time zone and it does not appear to be in the USA>>

U may want to consider another address..

No actually they said that the package exceed the value and they need the invoice to check the right price and quote the corrt tax to import the good, so they must think is a GEN

but if a tell them "is a 200 usd watch" from china they`ll knew right away is a fake and confiscate it

well i guess is just a question of waiting now,

thanks lani for your kind words = )

Yes.. same thing different words.. they want to charge the "Duty" .. or they are "baiting" you to respond.. jus inform your dealer ASAP !!. scan and send a copy of the letter.. but wahtever U do do not contact them at ALL!! even to question ... If asked... deny any involvement.. that's the "game"

and yes you cannot tell them it's a rep.. they know what they are doing .. so sorry to say you have to let this one go and wait until your dealer sends out another..

the good news is you will get your watch.. but the stess is aweful !!

• 4 weeks later...
Does someone already know which movement they are using?

Will it be reliable?

It is an Asian auto movement.. I have had mine running continuously for a couple of months now .. it has been keeping excellent time and has needed no regulation..

Yes.. same thing different words.. they want to charge the "Duty" .. or they are "baiting" you to respond.. jus inform your dealer ASAP !!. scan and send a copy of the letter.. but wahtever U do do not contact them at ALL!! even to question ... If asked... deny any involvement.. that's the "game"

and yes you cannot tell them it's a rep.. they know what they are doing .. so sorry to say you have to let this one go and wait until your dealer sends out another..

the good news is you will get your watch.. but the stess is aweful !!

after 1 an a half month reteined in customs, finally my BP arrived yesterday!!!!!!!! customs fined me for "try to income a hidden merchandaise" jajajajajaja (as josh put it inside of a toy) 50 us fine and the watch was delivered

the watch is just great!!!!!! i really think is in the super rep range but way low priced,

good quality for price,

thanks again lani for your advices and also josh for support all the way through

regards

Terrific review, Mr. Lanikai.

You have sold me in a watch I hadn't gaven it any attention so far.

Excellent pictures and "feelings" well explained.

I'm going to look at the 5004 in detail also to see if I like more.

Thanks again for this and other reviews.

Regards

Condemore

• 1 month later...
2-3 months for the Big Pilot V1 5004.

BTW:

THANKS LANIKAI! AWESOME WORK (again...again... and again) !

Awesome PZ !!.. gives us time to order mo straps.. :D

thank you ! for alway's keeping us updated on the upcoming releases !! .. that will make the Pilot collection "almost" complete..

thanks for the kind words..

Aloha~!

Lani

^ Will do! Thank you for your instant PM's. I've been looking for a nice watch to wear with the suit and after reading up on Breitlings, they seems to be too bling bling for me at the moment so I decided to go with something more classy, and IWC had to be it.

Plus Tom Brokaw has one!

Also, how long will it take to get it shipped in US. Where does Joshua ship them from? I already can't wait.

^ Will do! Thank you for your instant PM's. I've been looking for a nice watch to wear with the suit and after reading up on Breitlings, they seems to be too bling bling for me at the moment so I decided to go with something more classy, and IWC had to be it.

Plus Tom Brokaw has one!

Also, how long will it take to get it shipped in US. Where does Joshua ship them from? I already can't wait.

It takes about 3 day's after you get a tracking number for it to leave China... you can track it on USPS.. as soon as it is posted.. it will take 3 to 4 day's after it is posted (it won't post right away, even if you have the number) to arrive .. don't be alarmed when it enters customs.. it will post >> "Handed to customs" jus a formality .. so don't stress.. everything coming from overseas has to pass through customs.. but you will get your baby .. the first 50 reps alway's stresses you out.. (joking)

Welcome to this Glorious obsession.. if you stop at jus one.. you will be the First !!

Live Strong and Wear it Well B)

Aloha~Cheers

R