When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Die Grosse Fliegeruhr!

lanikai

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do they use to ship in US? USPS?

I'm just wondering because I got a note on my door this afternoon to pick up a package from China at the USPS, has to be it since I'm not expecting anything from there expect this watch, but I ordered it not even a week ago! Seem kinda fast doesn't it?

B)

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

I hope you were right.....and you WERE :D

I just picked it up! Amazing speed! I ordered it on Sunday night and they had it at my house on Thursday!!!

Looks beautiful and from first glance, the strap isn't that bad!

The only visible problem is there is a small white spec right above the power meter! I tried wiping off the top but it must be on the inside!!! AHHHHH!!!

Also, do all automatic watches make that noise? when you move them around. How loud is it supposed to be?

I hope you were right.....and you WERE :D

I just picked it up! Amazing speed! I ordered it on Sunday night and they had it at my house on Thursday!!!

Looks beautiful and from first glance, the strap isn't that bad!

The only visible problem is there is a small white spec right above the power meter! I tried wiping off the top but it must be on the inside!!! AHHHHH!!!

Also, do all automatic watches make that noise? when you move them around. How loud is it supposed to be?

first off : CONGRATS BIG TIME Vlad !!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

nothing like recieving your first !!

yeah I have a speck of lint on my dial I will have to remove also .. keep looking at it .. maybe you can "will it" gone.. :lol:

regarding the rotor .. I lube the ball bearings in the rotor.. it really quiets it.. but in reatlity when you are wearing it you won't be shaking it to the point of hearing it.. and yes most Asian Auto Movements have some degree of "noise".. but it seems like the factories are servicing that on some models before they release it.. more now..

you are duty bound to post some pics.. even if it's with your camera phone..

Live Strong and Wear it Well .. my friend !!!

Aloha~Cheers

Lani

^ thank for your help, you really made me comfortable popping my rep cherry :p

is it difficult to open up the case to clean the lint? and at the same time to change power reserve to full??? i have the tools but not experience

I used to use my thumbs to unscrew the case back.. duc tape works .. now I have a rubber case back ball opener from ofrei..

there are tabs that hold the movement in place..and of course the crown stem removal.. there is a little button in line with the stem/crown .. with the stem in the winding position depress the button (really tiny) and gently pull out the crwon/stem..

after removing the screws and tabs (be careful these have a tendency to bounce into oblivion) .. now you are ready to drop the movement and clean the dia .. it woulod be nice to have some radico.. are you in Conus?? I could send you some if you like.. I ordered to much and have enough to spare..

let me know Vlad

R

Does it wear a lot bigger than 44mm Panerais lanikai?

IMO.. because of the smaller lug size (as compared to the PAMS) it looks good on even small wrist.. I don't have a large wrist.. my wrist will increase 1/2" depending on my diet (sodium etc) .. So my wrist will vary from 7" to 7.5" (average size strap) .. take a look at the wrist shots for reference.. :)

so I would say it is a Big Watch .. but does not wear as such .. lug size is about 21.5 mm B)

• 2 weeks later...
I received my BP today and a little confused on the way the strap is attached. All of the pics are showing the short end on the bottom lugs. Seems odd to have the strap fold inwards.

Hi xlr8tn,

That's how IWC does it for some of their models. They do it for their Da Vinci series as well. When I sent my doppelchrono for its 5 year servicing, the straps came back that way as well. Guess that's how they roll

Cheers

Siesta181

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

awsome watch lani realy, at the beginning i was not so with the BP but the 5002 and 5004 are lookin so cool.

and with this review we can feel again how much you love every of your watches, thank you very much for sharing with us bro :)

you should get an amount from the dealers cause this is because of you a must have watch for me :rofl:

and sooner or later i will grab me one, awsome watch and maybe with a aftermarkt strap it will look even more impressive, but the rep strap is also real good. looks like quality for me. overall real nice watch who will get a lot of wrist time, hopefully the movement is so good as the watch looks :D

denz

awsome watch lani realy, at the beginning i was not so with the BP but the 5002 and 5004 are lookin so cool.

and with this review we can feel again how much you love every of your watches, thank you very much for sharing with us bro :)

you should get an amount from the dealers cause this is because of you a must have watch for me :rofl:

and sooner or later i will grab me one, awsome watch and maybe with a aftermarkt strap it will look even more impressive, but the rep strap is also real good. looks like quality for me. overall real nice watch who will get a lot of wrist time, hopefully the movement is so good as the watch looks :D

denz

When your ready Deniz.. HKtan gator strap .. or you have plenty of good strap vendors right in Germany.. I have one for you though ..never worn when you get around to picking on of these up..

Hallo,

Just read the review form Lanikai's. Beautiful! Because of this review I ordered a BP 5002 at Hontwatch.

Can't wait to receive the BP.

Regards,

PJM

Welcome to RWG pj... you'll enjoy the replication of the 5002.. with a proper strap its.. gtg.. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Lani,

Awesome post! Just made my decision to get a BP as my 2nd rep :thumbsupsmileyanim:

However I've got one more question: In this thread you mention that the DW has been fixed and isn't as deep anymore as it used to be. I haven't found this information on some other topics but am very interested if you know how it was done?

Gotta go shopping in Shenzhen in a few weeks to buy it :drinks:

Hey Lani,

Awesome post! Just made my decision to get a BP as my 2nd rep :thumbsupsmileyanim:

However I've got one more question: In this thread you mention that the DW has been fixed and isn't as deep anymore as it used to be. I haven't found this information on some other topics but am very interested if you know how it was done?

Gotta go shopping in Shenzhen in a few weeks to buy it :drinks:

The maker fixed the movement .. dunno how they did it.. Fransisco has a tutorial on how he did it .. great thread btw..he had milled a ring under the dw.. cool stuff..

AC/L