When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Trustys GMTII CHS....

Nightstroker

The last time that I went to trustys site I did not notice the CHS GMTII with "Jumping" hour hand....$348

Maybe this is old news....but its new to me....

Does anyone here own one?....If so can you please post some pics or point me in the direction of a review that I was unable to find....

I sold my only GMTII to a friend of mine so I am lookin for another....but I dont want to spend a bunch of dough on a watch that has problematic movement or any substantial flaws....

Guest carlsbadrolex

I have three of them on my desk right now. They make wonderful paperweights as long as there isnt a heavy wind!

If you should decide to buy one, let me know if you ever need any parts (such as cases, dials, hands, bracelets)... I have plenty!

T

I have three of them on my desk right now. They make wonderful paperweights as long as there isnt a heavy wind!

If you should decide to buy one, let me know if you ever need any parts (such as cases, dials, hands, bracelets)... I have plenty!

T

I appear to be 1 of the fortunate few whose chs (with 'jumping' hour hand) continues to function as an accurate (& beautiful) timepiece. But, sadly, many, as CBR experienced, have moved on to the great tock in the sky, to tick no more. Read this.

Thanks guys....thats what I was looking for....I think ill wait for a better alternative....

I used to have an IHS ETA and the GMT hand did stop a couple of times....but only after I had moved it when messing around with it....

I was able to fix the problem by setting the time/date/GMT hand all in the same process....

Basically I would set the date to the previous day and then set the hands to 12:00 PM and the GMT hand to its proper spot pointing at 6:00....

Then I would pull the crown back to the time set position and continue rotating the hands to 12:00 AM....where the date changes to the current day and all the hands are lined up at 12....and then of course I would set the time correct....

The GMT hand never stopped after I did this....I sold the watch to a friend of mine and it is still in good working order....

Guest xalucardz

I'm reaally confused...which one is the best...the CHS or ICHS one??

edit: The crown size: is good or is too fat?

Edited by xalucardz

I'm reaally confused...which one is the best...the CHS or ICHS one??

Freddy333's pole suggests that both run at about a 50% failure rate. However, anecdotal evidence

suggests the IHS might be a little better.

Ziggy has done an in depth review and the result isn't favourable.

Do a search and make up your own mind.

Hope that helps?

Assuming the Asian eta 2836 gmt uses the normal ETA hand sizes (and I re-call that it does) then the best 2893 conversion will be the incorrect hand stack version. The hand stack will still be incorrect but the 2893's GMT function will work properly, and you won't have to swap any hands.

Any Rolex enthusiast that can spot the hand stack is going to know its a fake in seconds from arms length anyway

Won't the hands not match the new GMT style thicker hands? I saw a set on eBay with the red GMT and they weren't as thick as the GMT2 Master Ceramic.

This idea has been bounced around a little before, and it was the consensus that only the GMT hand would have to be replaced-not the minute, hour and second hands. However, the hour hand would act as the GMT hand and vice versa according to the last post on the topic, which makes sense to me.

• 2 weeks later...

I have what your looking for. Its working well but it it flaws are:

Bezel not what i expected

12 o' clock marker is a bit misaligned

date font and wheel alignment

Check it out. I was thinking that i should have got the retro version instead

but is still good. Im planning to get the pepsi dial next, just choosing between

the retro or vintage version.

post-16375-1221347515_thumb.jpg