When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Aftermarket Daytona screw down pusher

vlaletom

That's very good to know. I guess if one were to use these pushers, then a 703 gen crown would be a better match of parts, as opposed to a 702 crown and newer pushers?

E

You could probably go either way on the crown. I would think the reason for an RSC to replace pushers and crown would be to replace / upgrade the seals. So it would seem like they'd get replaced together if they're going to be replaced at all. But, I'm sure there are all combos out there in the real world.

You could probably go either way on the crown. I would think the reason for an RSC to replace pushers and crown would be to replace / upgrade the seals. So it would seem like they'd get replaced together if they're going to be replaced at all. But, I'm sure there are all combos out there in the real world.

Good point. I think I will use the 703 crown/tube combo and save the 702 for the older sub build. One thing that I cannot find information on, is how water tight the pushers are on a Daytona and the Depth rating/water proof rating of the 6263.

E

• 3 months later...

16520 Pushers are available here:

http://www.googlesto...-24-P302-0.html

$40 each.

Just ordered some so will let you know what they are like.

One post, one link... Spam ? :)

Indeed, the pushers looks great on the web site

But, we have no review from this dealer, and simply don't know if we can trust, or not.

Good point. I think I will use the 703 crown/tube combo and save the 702 for the older sub build. One thing that I cannot find information on, is how water tight the pushers are on a Daytona and the Depth rating/water proof rating of the 6263.

E

Later 6263/5 are waterproof for 50 meters

702 is also possible to make your Daytona, if your S/N is somewhere like 1975 to 1982. Pushers provided were the P302 from 1975 to the end of production.

But this kind of informations is useful only if you take care about engraving (means, no DW case), otherwise, don't worry, as chieftang says, there is a lot of combos on the market...

R.

I have seen also a lot of replaced pushers cause of damaging, so IMHO, it is absolutely possible pushers can be replaced without replacing of crown / tube

One post, one link... Spam ? :)

Indeed, the pushers looks great on the web site

But, we have no review from this dealer, and simply don't know if we can trust, or not.

Nope I'm just new :) Currently building a 16520. Was going to chrome plate some gold 16523 pushers but then found these. I'll post some pics when they arrive.

Nope I'm just new :) Currently building a 16520. Was going to chrome plate some gold 16523 pushers but then found these. I'll post some pics when they arrive.

Okay :) Sorry for my suspicion ;)

And welcome to RWG !

Thanks for the future pics, the pushers looks very good (I'm impressed about the shape of the teeth), it will be interesting at this price IF the seller is trustable

We'll see...

I recently ordered some 6263 cases from DW, and each of them came with his new pushers.

Here are the old ones, with too many dull teeth:

i-NZKkLC5-X3.jpg

And the new units:

i-qS4wrnB-X3.jpg

Pretty good, eh? Here's the bad news: The thread pitch is still wrong, so forget about using these on a gen-spec case, or using gen-spec pushers on a DW case!

• 1 month later...

Has anyone tried the 4mm water proof pump pushers Ofrei sells for their 6239 cases? How do the DW pump pushers hold in the water? I like the looks of the pump pushers, but don't to ruin the watch with sweat or rain water pouring in. I would love to have the watch be at least pool friendly while still keep the pump pushers.

E

I recently ordered some 6263 cases from DW, and each of them came with his new pushers.

Here are the old ones, with too many dull teeth:

i-NZKkLC5-X3.jpg

And the new units:

i-qS4wrnB-X3.jpg

Pretty good, eh? Here's the bad news: The thread pitch is still wrong, so forget about using these on a gen-spec case, or using gen-spec pushers on a DW case!

I guess the thread is still the same one then. The ofrei pushers for the price aren't too bad.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I would like to fit DW pushers in a Daytona cartel case. Currently the pushers are press fit so I need to tap the hole to accommodate the DW's. The tap size is M2.5 x 0.25 as I read from the posts. Where do we get this tap? I see I can buy it from ofrei for 5.3mm rolex crown tube replacement but it is really expensive for a tap. (I have checked Grainger but they do not have the 0.25 pitch thread taps). Any one have a reasonable source for these taps or a spare they would want to sell, borrow, or rent me? Maybe a kind sole could tap it for me? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!