When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Factories catalogs

docdoc

There was a Japanese rep catalogue floating around a few years back....about the time RWG 1 got started.

If my memory serves me, it may well have 1st been discussed at TRC.

Someone had a few pages scanned at that time, and they were on one of those boards.

May be worth a search......they were definetly reps!

Offshore

HOUSEKIHIROBA

The accursed book that has waylaid many an intrepid shopper in the Far East. Used as a catalogue virtually universally by rep sellers out there

Many versions (I think up to Vol. #14 now)

They have a site if you want to see pics

http://www.u-s.jp

Ostensibly Gen sellers....but their books display many reps (?????)

HOUSEKIHIROBA

The accursed book that has waylaid many an intrepid shopper in the Far East. Used as a catalogue virtually universally by rep sellers out there

Many versions (I think up to Vol. #14 now)

They have a site if you want to see pics

http://www.u-s.jp

Ostensibly Gen sellers....but their books display many reps (?????)

Well,

If that is true, then THEY SHOULD BE SUED. They also sell many, many, genuine watches (or at least they have them on their website). If they are promoting themselves as a legitimate service / business to the horological community, they are two-faced by putting pictures of replicas in their catalogs.

Also,

If they are doing that, that means someone in their organization is dealing with them (replicas) to take the photos. Don't tell me they aren't aware of this in some way. That makes it more reprehensible.

RWG is on the up and up then.

They answer the question "What is What's Houseki-Hiroba?"

By saying:

"We sell luxury timepieces at considerably lower prices than the manufacturers list price. Housekihiroba is not an authorized dealer. Authorized dealers are not permitted to discount. For this reason, we choose not to be authorized dealers for the most of the brands that we sell. These watches are GUARANTEED 100% authentic, have original serial numbers, original certificates."

Please show me the picture of the catalog with Reps in it. (How do you know, by the way) And why do they spell "Housekihiroba" and "Houseki-Hiroba" (Hyphenated, and without hyphen)

What does it mean?

CodA

Edited by Codammanus-2014

here is the link for the Panerai catalogs

For the IWC catalog, go to their website and click contact in the upper right vorner, you will find a link to order the catalogue ;)

and for the omega fans here a link

As they are my favorite brands I let you search for the other catalogues…

Edited by docdoc