When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Fake SMP?

cdv

On the right a gen mid-size

post-8918-1220606615_thumb.jpg

As said before, It's hard to tell.

But remember that's a mid size, so some parts must appears bigger or different.

The pearl used on both sizes is the same, so on a mid it could seems bigger.

CG's are good, insert centered, Hv ok but the crown looks to have a too little diameter.

There is only one thing for sure, as mentioned on the bay, that's not an automatic.

You can guess only three lines like on the quartz models ( Line "chronometer" is missing)

On my poor opinion, this is a gen mid quartz model coming back from a stunt exhib.

On my poor opinion, this is a gen mid quartz model coming back from a stunt exhib.

I agree, poor condition, poor pictures, but it's genuine.

He valve is good, the CG's may look suspect due to the angle of the picture P4GTR, the lack of Chronometer on the dial suggests the quartz model.

He say Titanium.. if it's really the titanium version, then there is no rep of it.

Else.. well it's a damn nice rep

I believe Omega only made the titanium SMPs in the full size model. But I could be wrong.

Lousy description.

Definitely a quartz model... and in SS (not in Ti) and is a full size model. Notice the lume mark at 3 o clock? Mid size doesn't have this lume mark. The date window occupies the whole space. A gen... but the description is rubbish.

And for the price... not that worth it.

Lousy description.

Definitely a quartz model... and in SS (not in Ti) and is a full size model. Notice the lume mark at 3 o clock? Mid size doesn't have this lume mark. The date window occupies the whole space. A gen... but the description is rubbish.

And for the price... not that worth it.

The mid size quartz has a little lume dot at 3, the automatic mid size doesnt have a lume dot. The midsize quartz does due to the positiong of the date window being lsightly different to that of the automatic. On the full size quzrtz, the marker at 3 is much larger than the one in the pic, hence it's the mid size.

I found this picture which demonstrates it quite well....

smp_model_comparisons.jpg

I agree, poor condition, poor pictures, but it's genuine.

He valve is good, the CG's may look suspect due to the angle of the picture P4GTR, the lack of Chronometer on the dial suggests the quartz model.

The CG's threw me off. But now that I've seen the Quartz Mid-size I understand the difference. I didn't realize what a difference mid to full size makes. Learning more by the day.