When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Upcoming and future trips to France...

RWG Technical

J and I will be leaving for France early next month for a 3 week visit. This trip is purely vacation and we have our days planned out.

We will be making regular trips to France, including a planned one next spring.

On our next trip we are thinking of planning a GTG somewhere, and I am seriously thinking of packing up and bringing along my lume kit, and offering lume service to our under serviced EU friends.

I will have a place to stay and with proper planning I think this is a good offering.

I realize spring is a number of months away, but since the time seems to go by so fast, I would like to hear the thoughts of the EU members, and also the amount of interest in a GTG and anyone who may want lume done as well.

RG

Last spring when I was in Paris there were some nice welcoming placards at Charles de Gaulle with a picture of prison bars and a text:

"Bringing counterfeit goods to France is a criminal offence"...and that violators will be prosecuted. :captain:

Of course, I was wearing my Omega Railmaster 39mm (rep).... :ph34r:

i'd love to make it... perhaps i can find one of those free flights out there one weekend? just have to find a cheap hotel :)

and always lots of watches to relume from me ;)

hope your eye is better now!

take it easy and enjoy France, I've only been to Nice (and Monaco) which were pretty good. The language won't be a problem for you, unlike me trying my school French :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I d certainly like to attend, spring is the quiet time in work so I would be able to make it. :)

Or we should all have an Anfield GTG one day :)

I think there are enough LFC fans here for that.

Wow, that would be awesome!

Due to job issues, I am very unsure I will be able to attend a GTG, but I'll surely do my best.

Rob, is there a chance to have a lume job done even without bringing the parts to you with my own hands, but using the mail system instead? Actually, five days ago I sent you this email:

Hi Jennifer,

I am Marco sssurfer from RWG, long time no talk, I hope all well with you and Rob.

Almost one year ago I asked you for Rob to make the relume on my Bell & Ross. It was blue hands and dial, to relume with light blue superluminova provided by me (our former email exchange reported below this message).

Rob was so kind to agree, as long as I would send him only the dial and hands, removed in advance from the watch.

I badly damaged the dial on removing it, so I had to withdraw from our arrangement.

Finally I now managed to get a replacement. But it is orange dial and hands.

Would Rob make a light blue superluminova relume even on orange dial and hands?

If this can help, I can send the original blue hands instead of the new orange ones. But the blue dial is unrecoverable.

I also still have the light blue superluminova pigment to send you.

Thanks and best regards, please let me know,

Marco

Good luck sssurfer!

With all the technological advances RG makes in hand-applied lume, it wouldn't surprise me.... but not for me to say.

Good to see you around sssurfer :) and The Zigmeister :)

Last spring when I was in Paris there were some nice welcoming placards at Charles de Gaulle with a picture of prison bars and a text:

"Bringing counterfeit goods to France is a criminal offence"...and that violators will be prosecuted. :captain:

Of course, I was wearing my Omega Railmaster 39mm (rep).... :ph34r:

Hi Zig,

Given your trip to France now and the "risk" on counterfeit goods, I think you should do the GTG in London :fishing1:

Hi Zig,

Given your trip to France now and the "risk" on counterfeit goods, I think you should do the GTG in London :fishing1:

I can but wish... but with the weakening pound ;)

@Ziggy,

The proposal in my mail is valid whether it's october or spring of course, GTG or no GTG!

@All: if Ziggy fancy a week-end in Brussels, I wouldn't mind organising the GTG at my place.

This time I would arrange it so that we do not have to pack and run to come back.

Coktail + walking dinner + watch corner :)

As a side note: hotels are cheap in Brussels compared to Paris, specialy over week-end nights :rolleyes:

GTGBrussels2008_600_27.jpg

GTGBrussels2008_600_16.jpg

LeBar.jpg

Great responses, I certainly think the interest is there for a GTG somewhere in the spring. I'll know more at that time.

And it looks like the super lume may be a good thing to do as well.

@ ssurfer

You should have gotten our vacation reply on email, with my eye injury and other commitments, I can't take in any work until I get back in November.

RG

@Ziggy,

The proposal in my mail is valid whether it's october or spring of course, GTG or no GTG!

@All: if Ziggy fancy a week-end in Brussels, I wouldn't mind organising the GTG at my place.

This time I would arrange it so that we do not have to pack and run to come back.

Coktail + walking dinner + watch corner :)

As a side note: hotels are cheap in Brussels compared to Paris, specialy over week-end nights :rolleyes:

LeBar.jpg

Remembering the 1st Brussels GTG, I have to agree 100% with Stefane

Some very good memories come to mind.... :drinks: .

@RG:You won't find any greater hospitality than at Stephane's. If travelling allows this would be a very good place to have a GTZ (Get To Ziggy).

This is looking like a plan to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS Stephane show the picture of the bar after scoobs and i left!!!!!!!

@ ssurfer

You should have gotten our vacation reply on email, with my eye injury and other commitments, I can't take in any work until I get back in November.

Uhm, I did not get any reply... my email was very recent, just a few days ago.

No problem about time, no rush here. I just hope I can book a slot on some next run of yours.

Thanks!