When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Updated Black Steel Skyland Avenger v2

poopypants

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...mp;#entry524389

some updated pics of the V2 black steel skyland... these are just some OTHER things i have noticed since v1...

POSITIVES:

the bezel seems to be sharper looking then the gen...

the case color seems to be pretty good...

NEGATIVES:

they painted the sub-dial hands all red as the gen is red and gold mounting points...

the micro-pics also show the 3 o'clock dot being painted up into the date window as the gen shows it not even touching the date window...

all red hands seems to be showing white around the edges... seems they need a second coat of red... however, this is NOT very noticeable when wearing it on your wrist...

what do you guys see?!?!

PP

Looks good, what I expected though as this is simply a refinished V2. The same problems from the original exist, plus a couple more. Still has the blobby misaligned lume and too large pearl crystal, and now it seems that the caseback is not colored as it should be (red & black limited edition numbers) and as mentioned before, wrongly colored collars on the subdial hands. But all in all its a very accurate, well made rep!

It's one worth getting - that's for sure.

Given that there are very few Gens in existence, I doubt it's a watch that anybody would ever be able to call you out on - especially given how minute the flaws are.

I sure wish there was a black SS bracelet finished like the watch that would go with it - that would put it over the top for me...

I wonder if I get the PVD bracelet off of my Kobold to match? Hmmmm....

kobold1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...