When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Etched crown at the six

cpt390

I have had many different Rolex models over the years and I have heard many comments regarding "Flaws" by many of the board members.

I have not heard much about the etched crowns at the 6 O'clock.

Not having had one with it I am wondering how accurate is is. I thought they we're not visible to the naked eye an yet they are obvious in some of the pictures I've seen.

Some feedback please.................. :group:

Not having had one with it I am wondering how accurate is is. I thought they we're not visible to the naked eye an yet they are obvious in some of the pictures I've seen.

It depends. The first is close to accurate and the second isn't.

Accurate:

84484-29684.jpg

Less so:

84484-29685.jpg

i would be happy with one that has no etched crown on the crystal at all. some are just too prevalent.

You're probably in the minority there, as the crown is one of those things people look for, along with 'sweeping hands' and the like.

It never seems faint enough... even on a MBW.
I've compared my LV to the Gen side by side and its pretty close. If you didn't pour over pix like we do you would never notice the difference. My first sub from PT had the crown etched very much like the second of Pugs pix which I admit is a little much, PT's Ultimate sub has its crown etched very much like the first of Pugs pix. I think I would there because as Pugs stated its one of the first things sub owners look for.

Sean K

I bought a cheapy LV from Andrew a while back and it took me the best part of a week to actually find the etching, it's there but it's incredibly faint and only getting it at exactly the right angle shows it.

Which is about right I think?

The crown on mine is so faint that I had to get a loupe to really see it well. It's very small... difficult to see without magnifying 10x, and has the little S at the coronet base to signify a 'service replacement' ;)

The rehaut is quite decent. Thankfully, all of the most concerning aspects of the watch were pretty good. Things like the dial, the insert (which is actually printed with the '30' marker misaligned), crown, tube and bracelet are easily fixed and will be replaced shortly (waiting on parts to arrive).

More to come soon...

The crown on mine is so faint that I had to get a loupe to really see it well. It's very small... difficult to see without magnifying 10x, and has the little S at the coronet base to signify a 'service replacement' ;)

The rehaut is quite decent. Thankfully, all of the most concerning aspects of the watch were pretty good. Things like the dial, the insert (which is actually printed with the '30' marker misaligned), crown, tube and bracelet are easily fixed and will be replaced shortly (waiting on parts to arrive).

More to come soon...

I never thought the etched coronet was a negative thing, since it still IS hard to see, and the difference in size is really only noticable in a side by side comparison.

As far as the 30 on the insert. All 3 rep subs I have had showed this problem. The 30 is too far to the left. Funny thing, I have seen some Gens which seem to have this problem. Can anyone say aftermarket insert?

I've looked at several gens extensively... none of the reps I've seen look faint enough. Then again, it could be in my head. Probably explains a lot of things.

Ubi that is a very nice rehaut on that watch.

newbie question... I've seen the term " rehaut " used extensively on this forum, but am not certain as to what it means, can someone explain? Thanks!