When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

pharrel wears the ap concept tourbillion

rkdk

That chain he has around his neck is worth way more than the watch. Jay Z started off the whole sophisticated look for rappers, including wearing Audemars Piguet, and as always everyone else follows suit.

Actually it was Pharrel and the neptunes. They were sporting audemars on their first nerd album, and back when they produced kelis first album.

I think this was before jay z got in to audemars.

come on guys give pharrell a break. I don't put him into any specific category like you guys. He's a really offbeat guy not to mention a professional skateboarder and one of the best producers in the industry. He's not a "rapper" per se.. First and foremost, I think of him as a true multi-talented entertainer in every sense of the word entertain. Sure he's wearing an audemars but what the hell.. He has a Ferari Enzo and and an SLR (both of which are in some of his skating videos). If i made that much money i wouldn't reserve only TIMEXes to wear with my street clothes.... to give him credit he was voted best dressed man by Esquire not too long ago.. i like that he looks just as good in a merino wool v-neck with tie... as he does in "skater clothes".

p.s. typical pharrell style found here: http://www.bbcicecream.com/lookbook/

pharrell-picture-1.jpg

Edited by plaifender

Im not hating on pharrel (although i dont like his taste in jewellery) Being a musicproducer myself, i have loads of respect for him.

He has earned a lot of money, and its cool to se him wear something that expensive with street gear.

I would be hating if master p, or little john wore it though:-)

Im not hating on pharrel (although i dont like his taste in jewellery) Being a musicproducer myself, i have loads of respect for him.

He has earned a lot of money, and its cool to se him wear something that expensive with street gear.

I would be hating if master p, or little john wore it though:-)

Hey rkdk, my response about jesse james and such wasn't necessarily directed at you if not to those who seem to think it's ridiculous for someone like pharrell to wear an audemars.. or that seeing someone like pharrell wearing an audemar gives them reason enough not to want the watch anymore.. when it seems like the general consensus is that for someone like jesse james it is definitely acceptable to wear a panerai.... i honestly don't get what the difference is... ????? I haven't heard one comment (in general in other posts on the forum, since i'm the only that brought up jesse james in this post) about anyone saying they're not going to buy a panerai because jesse james wears one....?? what's up with that?

Edited by plaifender

Good on him, he's successful, too much money to care about it, I think I would probably buy things like that too even the neclace as a showpiece to put in a glass cabinet somewhere. When money is irrelevant, material things become irrelevant because you can afford them, as long as he is a down to Earth guy that's all that matters

LOL After I wrote that and read it it didn't sound like I wanted it to. Being a minority myself, I thought I should clarify. :)

Yep, Pharrell doesn't dress like a rapper. He dresses like a 15 year old EMO. ;P

Nothing wrong with being EMO, its really good, I have an EMO back lawn, it cuts itself ;)

Edited by b16a2

Hey rkdk, my response about jesse james and such wasn't necessarily directed at you if not to those who seem to think it's ridiculous for someone like pharrell to wear an audemars.. or that seeing someone like pharrell wearing an audemar gives them reason enough not to want the watch anymore.. when it seems like the general consensus is that for someone like jesse james it is definitely acceptable to wear a panerai.... i honestly don't get what the difference is... ????? I haven't heard one comment (in general in other posts on the forum, since i'm the only that brought up jesse james in this post) about anyone saying they're not going to buy a panerai because jesse james wears one....?? what's up with that?

I agree. Actually The Neptunes spawned my interrest for audemars. I remember seing a press foto, with chad and pharrel wearing pink gold royal oaks.

I just thought. "what on earth is that watch".