When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Experience with the 2836 movements...

dabom

.. do you lubricate/service all your watches with the 2836 movement, or are you using some of them completely unserviced? If you are using your 2836 powered watches unserviced - how are they performing? Long term performance?

I'm just wondering what's your experience. Thanks.

.. do you lubricate/service all your watches with the 2836 movement, or are you using some of them completely unserviced? If you are using your 2836 powered watches unserviced - how are they performing? Long term performance?

I wouldn't consider servicing a 2836, to be honest. They should run fine out of the box: it's what you're paying extra for.

A good 2836 (real ETA, new etc.) will work for years flowlessly without need to touch it. If in a rep, the chances are it will run strong (and precise) years after the bracelet fell apart, the markers fall off, and the "sapphire" crystal got scratched all over and finally broke. One of the most robust movements, period.

my understanding is the ones from China may not be assembled lubed properly or something like that, or they are old movements?

They are sometimes badly lubed, but the movement is so damned good, that it's not as big a deal as on other movements.

It has been confirmed by Trusty this very day that the lubing on 2836s in reps may be sub-par, and yet you never hear complaints: that's how good they are.

Zero problems with the four 2836s I have, a couple which are around 2 years old. Two keep darn near quartz accuracy out of the box.

If one should need repair, I will probably replace the movement with a new as they run less than the cost of a quality service.

Very reliable movements IMO which have a bullet proof reputation assuming they are not the surplus junk we saw a few months back.

No worries. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Jet