When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

9/11

Stephane

september 11th was a tragedy, and that is what this thread is to discuss. however, it would be impossible to discuss without understanding the historical implications this has made on US foreign and domestic policy. i don't think the issue is how sorry everybody is that so many died on september the 11th, because nobody can deny that it was a tragedy, but it would be senseless to deny that the American people, and the globe for that matter, can't learn from this.

that said, comments such as ''Americans are stupid and care only for themselves" accomplishes nothing, but so too do equally pretentious and overtly nationalistic statements. what people need to start having is rational discussion.

discourse on Iraq and Katrina do need to happen, but in an open and intelligent way.

mil_sub, you might feel differently if you were digging for your brothers seven years ago in that pile. This is a sad day here in AMERICA. I find your words totally uncalled for and offensive. Whatever the hell your political views are, they certainly are not welcome here today.

This thread was started as a remembrance of those who died, have a little respect.

I remember the day as it was yesterday.

We all where shocked and can't believe what we have seen on TV.

God bless all the victims that lost her life on this day.

These days there are a lot of open questions about it.

Now I do not really think this was only a act of terrorism.

When I see the pictures again and again these days it looks more

like the towers where bombed from the inside after the impact.

But who knows really,I think the future will tell us the truth.

It was a sad day for the whole world.

We must remember.

I was in NYC in september 2000 with friends.

I have movies and photos from the Twins that I can't even look at anymore.

Because our budget didn't allow us to visit both the Empire and the Twins, we went for the Empire.

I often think about "what would have happened if we were there in september 2001 instead of 2000 and visit the Twins instead of the Empire?".

We would be dead maybe.

I opened this thread because I feel like a New Yorker.

Everyone in the world could be a New Yorker.

New York is probably the most cosmopolitan city in the world.

Having seen the twins from everywhere in Manhattan for one week in those days and not seeing them anymore makes me sad to a point I can't even express.

Politics sucks, and I don't give a fucking shit about it.

But forgetting that USA saved Europe from nazis is a shame.

(I say nazi, not german of course in case another asshole comes here to post another stupid insult).

Many Europeans have a bad opinion on Bush/Iraq/US...

I wonder what would their opinion be if we were all nazis today.

Jojo was there the day after to search the pile for survivors.

for him,

for all the persons who helped those days,

for all the persons who lost their love or friend that day,

every single negative word posted in this thread is an insult.

2008NYC_800_143.jpg

I really feel sorry for all who had to suffer from that criminal act against humanity. For those who died and those who lost friends and relatives. And I feel sorry for those who suffered the same from all the consequences that followed this unbelieveable act of cruelty.

Stephan, it was not usa who won the world war II, but it did help and at the end it was many people coming together with one goal - to build a better place for us and our children. This is the key, when we all unite with one positive idea we can overcome many things "life" throws at us.

But forgetting that USA saved Europe from nazis is a shame.