When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Deep Sea Online

b16a2

The price of becoming an early adaptor...

*sigh*

Wonder how many AD's are selling at above MSRP? Or at MSRP for that matter?

I know one of the local AD's are over MSRP. They sold a Deep Sea for $10500.00. And they sold the Green Milgauss for over $10000.00 as well. I asked if they were allowed to sell above MSRP and the salesman said "of course"! He told me both models were sold before they even made it to the store and didn't even hit the display case. I'm guessing someone came in and made an offer they couldn't refuse and probably paid in advance.

He also told me that the value of the SD is going up as he cannot get anymore from Rolex and has a few names down looking for one. He told me the previous SD is now discontinued.

Guest carlsbadrolex

DONT EVEN GET ME STARTED... Guess what today is??? Today is the day that my DSSD was to have arrived. Guess what the AD told me today???

Due to an overwhelming demand, their corporate offices have pre-sold ALL of the DSSD prior to them being delivered to the stores. Which means she will not have one until at least mid 2009.

AND this AD is one of the largest in SoCal.

Thank you, you pre-purchase [censored] wipes who have connections and can get shiate before the rest of us lowly collectors!!!!

So what am I going to spend my $9800 on??????????? Definitely not another Rolex. Can I change my user name, Im not feeling Rolex any longer.

The list price of the Deep Sea is around 7-8 k euro so 10kGBP is slightly too much :p

Just slightly, I thought they were meant to be around USD10k. Converting this would make the price USD18,000!! Audemars Piguet anyone?

Edited by b16a2

I have a friend wearing the new green milgaus. a well known collector. Thought I wouldn't be a fan, but in person it is one of the most beautiful Rolex's I've seen. and the 916 steel really makes a shining difference. The face, bezel, bracelet are just stunning. No rep can match the real deal on this one.

I actually got the call from my AD also that my DSSD is also in, I was first on the list so I'll be picking it up. I knew it would be a hot seller so I'm thinking about flipping it or using it as leverage for something I really want...i'll post a photo next week. The price was $9000 before tax.

CBR, if you're really hurting for one, I would consider letting you get it(unless I FALL in LOVE with it) because...I can't have you change your name ^_^

i'll PM you next week

dave