When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Please tell me I'm doing the safe thing.......

JimmyT

Hi gang,

I've only joined this fabulous forum in the last few days and been flounderind around trying

to decide which dealer to buy my first Rep from AND which Sub.

I really like the NooB Mariner ETA and am thinking that Eurotimez might be a good bet.

All their stuff looks good but you guys no all the guff on what's hot & what's not.

I've tried not to bother anybody too much by asking the question I see all the time ie:

"which is the best Rolex Sub Replica" and "who sells them" but I could really use a nudge

as to the wise thing to do for my first buy.

Jimmy T

Melbourne

Australia

Edited by JimmyT

Hi Jimmy,

There is a wealth of information on this forum about what people consider the best sub, it differs from member to member according to which things you think are important with a rep and which are not. I have read a lot about the euromariner and it is a mix of two of the best rep models out there. Also Chris (eurotimez) seems to be trying hard to give good info and QC to the forum members. I have not heard anything bad against him so far. So if you want one of the best available, I think his euromariner is a great buy. But for $90 you can get a noobmariner which is only slightly less accurate.

Tom

Hi Jimmy,

There is a wealth of information on this forum about what people consider the best sub, it differs from member to member according to which things you think are important with a rep and which are not. I have read a lot about the euromariner and it is a mix of two of the best rep models out there. Also Chris (eurotimez) seems to be trying hard to give good info and QC to the forum members. I have not heard anything bad against him so far. So if you want one of the best available, I think his euromariner is a great buy. But for $90 you can get a noobmariner which is only slightly less accurate.

Tom

Thanks Tom,

really appreciate the advice. I've been looking at Chris' Euromariners and am pretty keen on them and EuroTimez

doesn't seem to have much negative feedback.

Maybe it's just me but am I asking stupid questions or somthing.....you're the only one to reply to my post.

Is it 'cos I'm new? or am I just looking like a dumbo on all this stuff.

Any thoughts

Hi Jimmy,

The reason why nobody has responded is because one of the most common questions from someone who has just joined this and the other foums, is 'where can I find the best sub?' :rolleyes:

This site was created to offer unbiased advice, but you need to use the search button and all will be revealed. All the debate and pictures and experiences from many different people, from many different countries and with many different requirements. Your post is a true 'Noob' error and some members here will have seen posts like yours a thousand times.

Since you are only just starting out you are not really to blame. From now on try the search function and also browse the seperate subsections and you will find that you can spend years learning about the rep watch market. Most people start with a Rolex desire, but soon learn that there are some amazing reps of brands you might never have heard of, like Panerai etc. Enjoy the journey, make some great friends here, and you will gain a great hobby.

Welcome, and may you become wise and mentally wealthy through the teachings and library of rep info here. :p

As to our bank balances, nobody here has worked out how to help that side of the hobby, this is a very costly addiction, but a fun one, nonetheless.

Tom

Edited by TommyB

There are a few good versions of the sub out there. The noobmariner is popular. It is a nice watch. That said, personally, the shallow rehaut always bugged me, so I would need a different model with deeper rehaut. That information is readily available here with detailed pictures and reviews that can help you decide.

Researching a seller can drive you crazy, because there will always be the occassional unsatisfactory transcation, sometimes the seller's fault and sometimes not. Based upon the feedback, Eurotimez is a good seller. Just pull the trigger...and then wait by the mailbox!

eurotimez has some good prices on right now for the noob sub... skip the DG2813 tho, i loath the jerky sweep of the second hand... get the 28.8 DG4813 AT LEAST. $40 more installed. VERY ACCURATE time keeper in my experience. only thing i dislike is the date takes a couple hours to roll over where as ETA is in one motion. BUT for $100 dont know if its a big deal. you might also want to purchase some watch tools to correct minor things that you receive from the dealers such as off center bezels, un level crystals, and crooked dials... all those things will eventually eat away at you : )

the noob size is actually 38mm and feels a little small, euromariner is a better feel on the wrist, date mag may still be a little under or that may just be a limitation of the noob dial itself, ive had problems getting inserts to fit on the euromariner (albeit none of them were gen) theres also a PT sub model worth taking a look at...

BK offers good stuff, but i find it more fun personally to DIY, plus im not sure the waiting period for his offerings

Edited by highoeyazmuhudee