When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sea-Gull TOURBILLON

Does anyone recognise this watch?

This is the Sea-Gull version with working Tourbillon. I'm wondering if it is based on a GEN watch :)

or if it is in fact an "original" design :bleh:

If you find the GEN .. please post a pic. (I will transfer you some RWG-CASH)

Nothing made in China is original :p I think this is based on the Blancpain, but the stem is on the other side.

85231-29521.jpg

Here's one Sea-Gull you missed: (From one of my earlier posts)

85231-29522.jpg

Do we have any input yet from longer term owners of replicas with this movement, the VC Tor or the Breguet et al. as to the mechanical reliability? They sell in the $600-1000 range on Josh's site and I'm wondering if they are worth the risk. I would think repair of this movement if it fails would be prohibitive compared to the purchase price.

I've had the Breguet Tourbillion rep. with this same movement for over 20 months and it has been reliable and keeps good time. Acquired from an RWG member who originally purchased it from Paul/Aspire.

85473-29512.jpg

Since The Zigmeister is out for the summer, I thought I would chime in. It was my tourbillon that The Zigmeister has always discussed. Always wanting a tourbillon, but not wanting to spend $40K, I bought the first generation. I paid about $800. The dial and movement looked so good, I even had the case gold plated by Artisan plating (those of you know both how good they are and how long it takes). It worked for about 3 months and then stopped working. The Zigmeister tried everything (and it even became a challenge for him). He never found anything wrong, but in the end the quality of the movement was just too fragile. He strongly recommend I give up my persuit.

But The Zigmeister still had the case, so I started searching for a replacement movement. I found one that The Zigmeister & I thought was a match, purchased it and sent it to The Zigmeister. This newer version is of much higher quality. The Zigmeister believes that it will be much more reliable. The only problem is that the stem is deeper than the old movement, so it didn't work in the case. Now, my gold case, beautiful Breguet dial, brand new tourbillon movement and old broken one sit in one of The Zigmeister's boxes.

Then Eddie came out with the Skeleton version tourbillon(now everyone has it). I couldn't help myself and bought the first one. I have had it about six months with no problems. It is very beautiful, but has one problem. The hands are off center, but the hour marker (and white ring) are designed for a center hand placement, hence in the 3 and 9 positions the hands are off location.

Hope that helps.

Regards.

Since Ziggy is out for the summer, I thought I would chime in. It was my tourbillon that ziggy has always discussed. Always wanting a tourbillon, but not wanting to spend $40K, I bought the first generation. I paid about $800. The dial and movement looked so good, I even had the case gold plated by Artisan plating (those of you know both how good they are and how long it takes). It worked for about 3 months and then stopped working. Ziggy tried everything (and it even became a challenge for him). He never found anything wrong, but in the end the quality of the movement was just too fragile. He strongly recommend I give up my persuit.

But Ziggy still had the case, so I started searching for a replacement movement. I found one that Ziggy & I thought was a match, purchased it and sent it to Ziggy. This newer version is of much higher quality. Ziggy believes that it will be much more reliable. The only problem is that the stem is deeper than the old movement, so it didn't work in the case. Now, my gold case, beautiful Breguet dial, brand new tourbillon movement and old broken one sit in one of Ziggy's boxes.

Then Eddie came out with the Skeleton version tourbillon(now everyone has it). I couldn't help myself and bought the first one. I have had it about six months with no problems. It is very beautiful, but has one problem. The hands are off center, but the hour marker (and white ring) are designed for a center hand placement, hence in the 3 and 9 positions the hands are off location.

Hope that helps.

Regards.

Think I'll wait a while before getting one of these. Looks like the folks at Sea-Gull are working on the kinks and reliability is on the upswing.

I've got the "patek" version of this watch....I'm curious as to which "gen" it was based upon??...I know the movement is a Venus 175 clone, but I can't recall ever seeing another genuine in this configuration... ;)

And finally .. although not a tourbillon and no prizes for guessing what watch it was based on:

here's a nice skeleton:

85746-29476.jpg

Since Ziggy is out for the summer, I thought I would chime in. It was my tourbillon that ziggy has always discussed. Always wanting a tourbillon, but not wanting to spend $40K, I bought the first generation. I paid about $800. The dial and movement looked so good, I even had the case gold plated by Artisan plating (those of you know both how good they are and how long it takes). It worked for about 3 months and then stopped working. Ziggy tried everything (and it even became a challenge for him). He never found anything wrong, but in the end the quality of the movement was just too fragile. He strongly recommend I give up my persuit.

But Ziggy still had the case, so I started searching for a replacement movement. I found one that Ziggy & I thought was a match, purchased it and sent it to Ziggy. This newer version is of much higher quality. Ziggy believes that it will be much more reliable. The only problem is that the stem is deeper than the old movement, so it didn't work in the case. Now, my gold case, beautiful Breguet dial, brand new tourbillon movement and old broken one sit in one of Ziggy's boxes.

Hope that helps.

Regards.

J-

Do you have any pics by chance?