When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pls advice me which AP Roo dial colour (White or Black) should be perfect

dang99

Hi all you guys,

Pls try to advice me or share your opinion with me for AP ROO Dial,

What colour dial, I should be get 1 for me.

I would like to get one for my X"Mas

Thk

Both dials are pretty nice but there might be some brown discoloration on the white dials. I'm not sure if they've fixed the problem.

White dials have better lume but subdials are too dark. Quite a give away.

Now that black dials have lume (weak but at least there is some lume) I think black is the way to go. It also makes the date window location flaw less visible.

As for bezel - Rubberclad looks great but it has a thin layer of rubber that can easily be scratched. Personally I actually prefer the look of brushd steel over rubber so my choice now is a black ss themes with ss bezel and rubber strap.

Thanks!

Now that black dials have lume (weak but at least there is some lume) I think black is the way to go. It also makes the date window location flaw less visible.

As for bezel - Rubberclad looks great but it has a thin layer of rubber that can easily be scratched. Personally I actually prefer the look of brushd steel over rubber so my choice now is a black ss themes with ss bezel and rubber strap.

Thanks!

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks!

I ordered the exact same SS bezel with rubber strap combo from Angus as well :):) Great minds think alike LOL

By the way the lume on mine is quite weak... Any comments on yours?

• 1 month later...

Sometime ago I have buyed a MBW Safari MBK from Paso of Repgeek

Is possible to see a good pic of the dial in the site of Chris

It is correct, white whit white/silver subdials.

But my AP has the secons running at nine <_<<_<

The new AP is correct, seconds at 12, ok, but the subdials are incorrect. I see the pics of Angus, I have not it

Very difficult, coorrect dial or correct seconds ?

Dial MBK on asian AP @12 ? I think that is impossible, for the position of date

I have just purchsed a black faced rubberclad from silex. I'm pretty particular about these things. I started out same as you, black or white, admittedly it is a taste question and can only speak from experience. Before buying mine I was given an AP book w/ colour photos. Upon recieving mine I was stunned to see what an excellent match (or 1:1) it was.

It is early days and there have been reports of issues w/ luminova and PVD coating on the bezels. SO far mine appears pretty F***ing spot on. I don't want to shout out too much 'bling' wise w/ the watch that I wear, I like something that appears a little more 'discerning' and hence thethe B/F Rubberclad ROO. If you have the patience to wait, SIlex seems pretty good. I did the noobie thing and went weak at the kneees when I read the EMS Tracking noting "in hands of US Customs', but it turned up a day later and was just as described by other wizened members of the forum who had explained the 'delivery process' on a thread. Good luck and where it well - whatever your choice.

mglawrence2001 :p