When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Mrs. Redbigjoe

Faker

This afternoon, I called RBJ to ask him about something we spoke about a few weeks ago. Mrs. Redbigjoe picked up the phone and informed me that he is ill again. She asked me if I can leave a number so he can call me in a few days or call back. Basically I am just letting everybody know that he is indeed sick again, and wish him well on a full recovery.

He was the subject of criticism a month back, but he bounced back and made everything right again. Hopefully his health stabilizes, he is a very valuable asset to this community that a lot of people take for granted. I am looking for a part and he spent over a good hour on the telephone with me discussing different options, and he is using his resources to help me locate this hard to find part. In addition he is not making any money off the part, and the time spent with me on the phone, and the time spent on him making calls to his people trying to locate this part are not even worth it on his end. In todays day RBJ is a rarity, there are not too many genuine people such as himself left. <--- "genuine" No pun intended

Yes, Joe is a big asset for this community,

I was fortunate to talk to him some weeks ago, and he is very friendly and honest.

Please don´t collapse his email inbox with the same enquiries and reminders because

I will be forced then to resend my email to be on top of the inbox again, :D

Regards,

Manuel

Any updates? I emailed Joe a few days ago, but nothing. He must be really sick. That sucks to go on vacation and get sick. The same thing happened to me in California this past spring.

He sent me an e-mail a day after he got back from vacation and seemed to be in good spirits. However, I read this thread about him falling ill once again. I went ahead and sent him an e-mail and left him a voicemail on Monday, but have yet to hear back from him.

Hi Guys,

I talked to him Monday. He is in fact sick again/still he is consulting with a couple of doctors and taking lots of test. So far they can't get a handle on whats wrong. He did say he was starting to feel a little better but gets tired easily and can't do much work right now. He thinks he will continue to improve but it's a slow process. He feel bad about leaving everyone hanging but asks for your patients.

his wife called me the other day and told me they had been in and out of the emergency room a few times in the last couple of weeks. i haven't called back to see how he is doing because i didn't want to bother them. i hope they figure out what to do to help him. i'm glad i saw this thread because i was going to call tomarrow and see how he was feeling. i will wait a few more days.

Don´t worry my friend,

Joe will be back again, fully recharged.

Time ago, I had the pleasure to talk with him by the phone and he commented me what was going on.

It´s also my fault to not send him the left pieces at the time he asked me, but now the pieces are on the way.

His illness plus my delay has delayed this thing a lot. I don´t blame him you know, things like this happens, and after all I think we are lucky in many ways, because Joe is one of the very few who performs mods and knows his subject.

Hope he can fix the watch when he´ll be back.

Just to keep you all up to speed, Joe called me this morning. He told me that he is feeling better, but still has some health issues that have to resolve. He's going back to his Dr. tomorrow.

Joe expressed concern about the reaction of the board members as to his absence. He told me that he just hasn't felt well enough to sit down at his computer and answer emails and visit the forums. He told me that he was working on watches, and certainly didn't have a backlog like he had when he got sick before.

I think that if everyone has a little patience, your watch(s) will be ready in short order. We all have to remember that illnesses are not planned like vacations, so it is impossible to predict when they are going to strike.

Arthur