When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My new gen

FxrAndy

I was inspired by Touby watches, Phoband and Avitts Flieger that he made and looking at the parts that found available i decided to make my wife a new watch, no long intro lets see the pictures (sorry about the quality very exited about finishing it)

DSC00903.jpg

DSC00889.jpg

DSC00892.jpg

DSC00895.jpg

DSC00893.jpg

DSC00890.jpg

DSC00900.jpg

BTW i know the strap is on the wrong way, my wife wanted it as a lefty but i put the hands on as a righty, i am going to see if she notices!

As soon as i saw the seagull rose gold movement i new she would like it and so did i, power reserve is over 50 hours and it looks to be keeping good time.

The 42mm case is well made with a screw on bezel and case back and advertised as having a double AR crystal, not sure about that one but is feels like saphire front and back, The Crown came with the case set and feels good but is NOT screw down. The case set is so comprehensive it even came with springbars. The items arrived well packed in 36 hours from ordering.

The hands are from Helenarou on the bay and took about 2 weeks to arrive from HK, but the item location is listed as USA, so be aware for the customs issues, it should not be a problem but i have been called to the customs office over a bezel insert from HK once. The lume is on par with standard rep lume. I thought the blue finish would compliment the rose gold and the lume to provide contrast with the blue to make it easily readable

Strap is BOB and great quality, We all know Bob.

What do you think?

Fantastic!!! She'll love it :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I have been looking at that movement for one of my next creations. But nor for a skeleton...I want to make a nice enameled dial watch, with blued steel Breguet style hands. In this case, I would be wasting the beautiful decoration on the front of the movement, but you've proved that it will look great from the back...

Thanks Dirk

It was worth the wait for the hands, i had a bit of a problen with hour wheel slippage, and could not find an oring thin enough to sit below the min hand to hold the hour and and wheel down, but i have just reset the min hand again and it does not look like the hour wheel will lift off the drive gear now.