When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM faux pas? PVD buckle with polished SS case?

ubiquitous

I personally try to match case with buckle.. In my 112 let say that since the cg is brushed the buckle can be brushed as well..

In my 118 with the titanium casefor example the polished shinny buckle looks really bad.... but titanium with PVD might look decent....

So polished with PVD for me its a 'no' :)

Typically, I like to as well. However, I have this sweet vintage Dirk Deluxe with Pre-V style logo buckle I'd like to use on a future project. Only problem is the case is polshed and the buckle is PVD...

172_7230.jpg

170_7058.jpg

Jimmy case:

IMG_3765.jpg

Hi Ubi,

Can you confirm the source of that 'Dirk' strap / buckle? I have one similar but I understand that there is a major question mark over these.

I suppose all I can do is give this combo a try in a few months when I partake on my project :) Or, perhaps I'll find a nice SS version of the same buckle. I'm a little particular when it comes to my PAM straps; hence why I wanted to use this one.

As for the strap; purchased from a prominent 'risti who purchased from Dirk himself.

I suppose all I can do is give this combo a try in a few months when I partake on my project :) Or, perhaps I'll find a nice SS version of the same buckle. I'm a little particular when it comes to my PAM straps; hence why I wanted to use this one.

As for the strap; purchased from a prominent 'risti who purchased from Dirk himself.

same strap on psti now with ss buckle :)

http://www.network54.com/Forum/353393/thre...+%283_6_9_12%29

Ehhh... I suppose it can wait. I'm in no big hurry... I have other obligations I need to take care of first :)

No problem.. i just said it because they don't come up for sale often.. basically i haven't seen any (and NOS!!!) for many months maybe year and at that price.

Still if I was you i would remove the pvd from the buckle you already have ;)